- 25 min ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- 1 hr ago Royal Enfiled Meteor 350 Expected India Launch By June: Will Rival The Jawa 350
- 2 hrs ago Kia Sonet: Expected Launch Date in India, Price, Specs, Features & Competitors Explained
- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Introduces Finance Scheme Offers For New Car Buyers: Repayments With Flexible EMIs
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M01s Confirmed Under Development Via Wi-Fi Alliance
- Finance Axis Bank Jumps Up To 15%; Top Gainer On Nifty
- Movies Raashi Khanna Replaces Anushka Shetty In Aruva As The Latter Rejects The Suriya-Starrer
- Sports India and other countries should opt for split coaching: Darren Lehmann
- Travel Karnataka To Open Religious Places From June 1
- Lifestyle Melasma Chloasma: What Are The 6 Factors That Cause It? Symptoms, Treatments And Prevention
- News Cong to launch 'SpeakUp' campaign to raise voice of poor, migrants, small businesses
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the new Wagon R (2019) on January 23. The Maruti Wagon R has always been a big seller ever since it was introduced in India back in the late-'90s. The Wagon R was launched primarily to take on the likes of the first-generation Hyundai Santro.
It has come in the list of top 10 best-selling cars in India, several times in the past and does the same even today. In fact, a whopping 22 lakh units of the 'tall boy' Maruti Wagon R were sold in a span of 19 years. This not only makes it one of the longest-running automotive products in India, but also the one which has seen the most success in terms of sales.
In other words, the Maruti Wagon R witnessed an average sales figure of 9,756 units/month, in the past 227 months. The only car which has come close to this kind of sales performance is the Maruti Alto.
The Maruti Wagon R sold the most 'in a month' back in June 2014. The company recorded 17,119 units in sales that particular month. In terms of yearly sales, Maruti Suzuki sold 1,73,286 units in 2016; thus making a new sales record.
The 'R' in 'Wagon R' stands for 'Recreation'. The new Maruti Wagon R (2019) stays true to this concept and is quite an improvement over the outgoing model, in almost every way. To highlight the important changes and enhancements, Maruti Suzuki has released a series of videos showcasing the all-new Wagon R - watch them here.
The 2019 Wagon R comes in only a petrol format, but with two engine choices. The existing 1.0-litre engine makes 67bhp and 90Nm of torque while the bigger 1.2-litre unit (powers the Swift, Ignis and Baleno) produces 90bhp and 113Nm of torque. Transmission options include a five-speed manual and its respective AMT unit.
Features such as a 7.0-inch touchscreen unit (supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), steering-mounted audio controls, powered ORVMs, dual airbags, ABS+EBD and rear parking sensors come part of the package; most of which can be expected at this price point.
Once launched, it will be a good alternative to the new-generation Hyundai Santro, Nissan Micra and the ageing Honda Brio. The starting price for the 2019 Maruti Wagon R should be in the range of Rs 4.50 lakh ex-showroom.
Thoughts On Maruti Wagon R Being A Sales Success
Maruti Suzuki models have always had a special place in the minds of Indian citizens. The new Maruti Wagon R is one of the most awaited small cars on the market and sales figures are expected to rise steeply in the days to come. With the host of improvements it offers, the 2019 model will help the Wagon R hit an even greater milestone.