- 56 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 1 hr ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Technology Realme 3i First Sale Sells Over 150,000 Units Within 30 Minutes
- Movies Nerkonda Paarvai First Review: Ajith Kumar Shines In The 'Best Tamil Film' Of The Year
- News Boris Johnson will be next Prime Minister of UK
- Sports Overthrow rules come under scrutiny but it cost New Zealand a World Cup
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Maruti Suzuki has commenced bookings for their new Wagon R 2019, ahead of its launch on the 23rd of January. The new Maruti Wagon R can be booked either online or at the dealership for an amount of Rs 11,000.
Ahead of its scheduled launch in the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki has revealed the exterior and interior design and styling updates in a set of new teasers (7 in total). The new teaser videos also showcase the bigger engine while also revealing other details as well.
As seen from the video, the new Wagon R will be based on the company's HEARTECT platform. This is the same platform underpinning the Baleno and the new Swift hatchback.
The new platform allows the new Wagon R hatchback to come with larger overall dimensions, translating to improved cabin space compared to the outgoing model. With the new platform, the new Maruti Wagon R is now 19mm longer, 145mm wider and 5mm taller than the previous generation. The new Wagon R also comes with an increased wheelbase, 35mm longer than the outgoing model.
Apart from the bookings video, Maruti Suzuki has also released six other official teasers showcasing some of the details of the upcoming tall boy hatchback. Starting off from the front, the new Wagon R comes with a newly designed front grille. It further comes with a strip of chrome, with the Suzuki logo at its centre.
The front grille is flanked on either side by an updated set of sweptback headlamp unit. The headlamp cluster houses halogen lights and the turn indicators. The front also features a new bumper which houses the fog lamps and a central air dam.
Moving to the sides, the new Maruti Wagon R still retains the tall boy look. The 2019 Wagon R comes with ORVMs integrated with turn indicators and floating roof design. The rear of the new Wagon R hatchback gets an updated vertically-stacked tail light, rear washer and wiper unit for the windscreen and a thick chrome strip above the number plate housing with the ‘WagonR' name embossed on it.
Inside, the new Maruti Wagon R dual-tone dashboard, fabric upholstered front and rear seats, 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (on the higher variants), steering-mounted audio controls, power windows, electrically adjustable ORVM controls, manual AC controls and silver accents around the AC vents.
The new 2019 Wagon R will be available in three basic trims — LXi, VXi and ZXi. The new Wagon R will further come with two petrol engine choices: 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre petrol engine. The 1.2-litre petrol unit is the same, which powers the Ignis and the Swift offerings.
The 1.0-litre petrol engine churns out 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 90bhp and 113Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. The mid and top-spec variants will further come with Maruti's AGS (Auto Gear Shift) automatic transmission.
In terms of safety features, the new Maruti Wagon R 2019 will come with dual airbags, ABS with EBD, seat-belt reminders, speed alert system and rear parking sensors.
The new Maruti Wagon R 2019 will be available in a choice of six exterior paint schemes — Superior White, Silky Silver, Magma Grey, Autumn Orange, Nutmeg Brown and Poolside Blue.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Wagon R 2019
The Wagon R hatchback is one of the most popular hatchbacks in the Indian market. It has been on sale in India for quite a while and has undergone multiple updates and changes. Scheduled to launch on the 23rd of January, Maruti Suzuki is expected to offer the 2019 Wagon R with a starting price of around Rs 4.5 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the new Maruti Wagon R 2019 will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro, Renault Kwid and the Datsun GO.