- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies PICS! Yuva Rajkumar’s Wedding Ritual Graced By Celebs; Shivanna & Appu Dance At Sangeet Ceremony
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Sports French Open: Federer enjoys serene Roland Garros return
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has been testing out their first electric vehicle for the Indian market, based on the Wagon R. According to fresh reports from Autocar India, the upcoming Maruti Wagon R electric has been confirmed to offer a real-world range of 130km on a single charge.
However, this range will depend on the speed at which the electric vehicle has been driven. Increased speeds will lower the overall range of the vehicle. Although, Maruti Suzuki's ARAI Certified range for the Maruti Wagon R electric is expected to be much higher than 130km.
Also, as reported earlier, the Maruti Wagon R electric is now also confirmed to feature a DC fast-charging system. This will be in addition to the standard AC Charging, which takes seven hours for a full charge. The DC fast-charging, on the other hand, bring down the charging time to just under one hour, for 80 per cent charge.
The Maruti Wagon R electric has been spotted testing on multiple occasions in India. The Wagon R electric is based on the international 'Solio' model, unlike the all-new version of the hatchback the company launched recently in India.
Maruti Suzuki recently announced the start of testing using 50 Wagon R electric prototypes in India. All these prototypes will be tested in various situations and under different terrain conditions to access the success of the product in India.
However, the production-spec version of the Wagon R electric will come with most of the features, seen on the conventional model. This includes an infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and a number of other safety features. These include ABS with EBD, rearview parking sensor/camera, high-speed alert system, seat-belt reminder system and ISOFIX child-seat mounts.
The Maruti Wagon R electric will come under the FAME II scheme, allowing it to receive subsidies. The Wagon R electric will benefit from the new schemes and subsidies by the Indian government to further reduce overall pricing.
Thoughts On The Maruti Wagon R Electric
The Maruti Wagon R electric is expected to be priced under the Rs 7 lakh price range. This would make it one of the most affordable electric cars to go on sale in the Indian market. Once launched, the Maruti Wagon R electric will rival the likes of the Tata Tiago and Mahindra e-Verito.