- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Second Teaser Video Released: Launch Slated For 30th Of September
- 2 hrs ago Indian Rider Pays Fine Of More Than Rs 66,000 In Australia For Triple Riding
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 W6 Diesel-Automatic Variant Launched In India: Priced At Rs 9.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Avan Motors Showcased Two Electric Scooter Concepts At The Pune Motor Show 2019
- News "Am I invited?" President Trump asks PM Modi ahead of India's first-ever NBA game
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls secure thrilling tie against Dabang Delhi
- Movies Surveen Chawla Recounts 5 Casting Couch Experiences: Filmmakers Wanted To See My Cleavage, Thighs
- Travel Places To Celebrate Dusshera In India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A20s Announced With Triple Rear Cameras
- Lifestyle Want A Toned Back Like Disha Patani's? Try These 8 Exercises That Target Your Back Muscles
- Finance An App That Helps Women To Take Control Of Their Finances
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
Maruti Suzuki has been testing out their first electric vehicle for the Indian market, based on the Wagon R. According to fresh reports from Autocar India, the upcoming Maruti Wagon R electric has been confirmed to offer a real-world range of 130km on a single charge.
However, this range will depend on the speed at which the electric vehicle has been driven. Increased speeds will lower the overall range of the vehicle. Although, Maruti Suzuki's ARAI Certified range for the Maruti Wagon R electric is expected to be much higher than 130km.
Also, as reported earlier, the Maruti Wagon R electric is now also confirmed to feature a DC fast-charging system. This will be in addition to the standard AC Charging, which takes seven hours for a full charge. The DC fast-charging, on the other hand, bring down the charging time to just under one hour, for 80 per cent charge.
The Maruti Wagon R electric has been spotted testing on multiple occasions in India. The Wagon R electric is based on the international 'Solio' model, unlike the all-new version of the hatchback the company launched recently in India.
Maruti Suzuki recently announced the start of testing using 50 Wagon R electric prototypes in India. All these prototypes will be tested in various situations and under different terrain conditions to access the success of the product in India.
However, the production-spec version of the Wagon R electric will come with most of the features, seen on the conventional model. This includes an infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and a number of other safety features. These include ABS with EBD, rearview parking sensor/camera, high-speed alert system, seat-belt reminder system and ISOFIX child-seat mounts.
The Maruti Wagon R electric will come under the FAME II scheme, allowing it to receive subsidies. The Wagon R electric will benefit from the new schemes and subsidies by the Indian government to further reduce overall pricing.
Thoughts On The Maruti Wagon R Electric
The Maruti Wagon R electric is expected to be priced under the Rs 7 lakh price range. This would make it one of the most affordable electric cars to go on sale in the Indian market. Once launched, the Maruti Wagon R electric will rival the likes of the Tata Tiago and Mahindra e-Verito.