- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Second Teaser Video Released: Launch Slated For 30th Of September
- 3 hrs ago Indian Rider Pays Fine Of More Than Rs 66,000 In Australia For Triple Riding
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 W6 Diesel-Automatic Variant Launched In India: Priced At Rs 9.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Avan Motors Showcased Two Electric Scooter Concepts At The Pune Motor Show 2019
- News Trump meets Imran Khan, says "I am ready, willing and able to mediate Kashmir issue"
- Movies Oththa Seruppu Size 7 Movie Review: This Parthiban Movie Is A Brave Attempt
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls secure thrilling tie against Dabang Delhi
- Travel Places To Celebrate Dusshera In India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A20s Announced With Triple Rear Cameras
- Lifestyle Want A Toned Back Like Disha Patani's? Try These 8 Exercises That Target Your Back Muscles
- Finance An App That Helps Women To Take Control Of Their Finances
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
Maruti Suzuki is working on their first electric vehicle for the Indian market. Maruti will introduce the electric version of the Wagon R hatchback in India in 2020. Ahead of its launch in the market, Autocar India has confirmed that the new Maruti Wagon R electric will come with a DC fast-charging system.
According to reports, the DC fast-charging system on the upcoming Wagon R electric will allow the batteries to charge up to 80 per cent in less than an hour. The electric version of the hatchback will also come with a standard AC charging, which will take seven hours for a complete charge.
The Maruti Wagon R will come with two charging ports; one for the standard AC charging and the other for the DC fast-charging. The addition of the fast-charging on the Maruti Wagon R electric will provide the EV with a big boost in terms of usage.
Maruti Suzuki had recently announced the start of EV testing, using a fleet of 50 Wagon R electric prototypes in India. The 50 prototypes will undergo comprehensive testing in all conditions, to gauge the success of the Wagon R EV in the country.
Recent reports also suggested that the prices for the upcoming Maruti Wagon R electric could be under Rs 7 lakh, ex-showroom. The electric Wagon R will be part of the FAME scheme set by the government. The price of the Wagon R electric will include all the subsidies set by the Indian government, towards electric vehicles in the country.
The Maruti Wagon R electric is said to be powered by a 72-volt system and a 10 - 25kWh battery pack. The electric motor is said to offer a maximum range of 150km on a single charge.
The Maruti Wagon R electric models, currently undergoing testing are based on the Solio hatchback, sold in international markets. However, the design of the India-bound Wagon R electric is said to be similar to the conventional Wagon R recently launched in India.
Maruti recently introduced their all-new Wagon R in the Indian market, with a starting price of Rs 4.19 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Wagon R adopts the brand's HEARTECT platform, seen on the Swift, Baleno, Dzire and Ignis offerings.
Thoughts On The Maruti Wagon R Electric With Fast-Charging
The Maruti Wagon R electric fast-charging system is claims to charge up to 40 per cent in 40 minutes. Also, at a price range of under Rs 7 lakh, the Maruti Wagon R electric will also be one of the most-affordable Electric cars in the market. Once launched it will rival the likes of the Tata Tiago electric and Mahindra's electric version of the XUV300.