- 24 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology How to view hidden files on Android?
- News Modi set for first bilateral visit after election victory, likely to visit Maldives on June 7
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections Day 17: Mahesh Babu’s Movie Continues Its Good Run
- Sports Emery had to convince Arsenal stars to care about Europa League
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki is working on their first electric vehicle for the Indian market. Maruti will introduce the electric version of the Wagon R hatchback in India in 2020. Ahead of its launch in the market, Autocar India has confirmed that the new Maruti Wagon R electric will come with a DC fast-charging system.
According to reports, the DC fast-charging system on the upcoming Wagon R electric will allow the batteries to charge up to 80 per cent in less than an hour. The electric version of the hatchback will also come with a standard AC charging, which will take seven hours for a complete charge.
The Maruti Wagon R will come with two charging ports; one for the standard AC charging and the other for the DC fast-charging. The addition of the fast-charging on the Maruti Wagon R electric will provide the EV with a big boost in terms of usage.
Maruti Suzuki had recently announced the start of EV testing, using a fleet of 50 Wagon R electric prototypes in India. The 50 prototypes will undergo comprehensive testing in all conditions, to gauge the success of the Wagon R EV in the country.
Recent reports also suggested that the prices for the upcoming Maruti Wagon R electric could be under Rs 7 lakh, ex-showroom. The electric Wagon R will be part of the FAME scheme set by the government. The price of the Wagon R electric will include all the subsidies set by the Indian government, towards electric vehicles in the country.
The Maruti Wagon R electric is said to be powered by a 72-volt system and a 10 - 25kWh battery pack. The electric motor is said to offer a maximum range of 150km on a single charge.
The Maruti Wagon R electric models, currently undergoing testing are based on the Solio hatchback, sold in international markets. However, the design of the India-bound Wagon R electric is said to be similar to the conventional Wagon R recently launched in India.
Maruti recently introduced their all-new Wagon R in the Indian market, with a starting price of Rs 4.19 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Wagon R adopts the brand's HEARTECT platform, seen on the Swift, Baleno, Dzire and Ignis offerings.
Thoughts On The Maruti Wagon R Electric With Fast-Charging
The Maruti Wagon R electric fast-charging system is claims to charge up to 40 per cent in 40 minutes. Also, at a price range of under Rs 7 lakh, the Maruti Wagon R electric will also be one of the most-affordable Electric cars in the market. Once launched it will rival the likes of the Tata Tiago electric and Mahindra's electric version of the XUV300.