- 8 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 11 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 12 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 12 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies Charu Asopa & Sushmita Sen's Brother Rajeev Get Engaged; Check Out Their Wedding Festivities PICS!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: De Kock steers Proteas to first win after Afghanistan collapse
- News IAF chief presents his 'wings' to 'Sword of Honour' recipient at AFA
- Technology VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce its first EV in India, with the Wagon R electric. The Maruti Wagon R electric will make its debut in the market in 2020, after having undergone comprehensive testing in the country.
Now, according to Autocar India, the Maruti Wagon R electric is expected to be priced under the Rs 7 lakh price point in the country. This price includes the subsidies that are applicable to all electric and hybrid cars in India. The Maruti Wagon R electric will come under the FAME scheme (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric vehicles), set by the Indian government.
As part of the FAME scheme, the Wagon R electric could get a subsidy of around Rs 1.24 lakh to Rs 1.38 lakh. However, with the Indian government preparing to roll-out the FAME 2 scheme, the Maruti EV could see a change in the amount of subsidy closer to its launch date.
The Maruti Wagon R electric was first showcased at the MOVE Summit, held in September 2018. Since then, the electric Wagon R has been spotted testing in India on multiple occasions. The design of the upcoming electric hatchback is based on the Solio (sold in international markets), rather than the recently launched latest-gen Wagon R.
Testing of the electric Wagon R hatchback began in October 2018. Around 50 prototype vehicles of the Maruti Wagon R electric were waived off from the company's plant in Gurugram by Maruti Suzuki, Senior Executive Officer, CV Raman. The comprehensive testing includes different terrains in the country, so as to access the success of the EV in the Indian market.
The Maruti Wagon R electric is said to be powered by a 72-volt system and a 10 - 25kWh battery pack, offering a maximum range of 150 - 200km on a single charge. Maruti has indicated that the Wagon R EV could charge up to 80 per cent in 40 minutes using the fast-charging system, expected to be installed in India. However, it yet to be confirmed whether or not the electric Wagon R will get fast-charging capabilities.
In terms of features, the Maruti Wagon R electric will receive all the equipment seen on the standard petrol-powered version. This includes LED lighting, ABS, dual airbags and the latest 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
Thoughts On The Maruti Wagon R Electric
The Wagon R electric will be the first EV from Maruti Suzuki in India. The Maruti Wagon R electric could also be one of the most-affordable EVs in the Indian market at the time of launch. The electric hatchback will also jump-start the launch of more EVs from various other manufacturers in the country.