- 6 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 6 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 7 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 7 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Pant cleared to join India squad at World Cup after Dhawan blow
- News ED arrests two former IL&FS executives in PMLA probe
- Movies DISTURBING! Hrithik Roshan's Sister Sunaina Says, 'My Father SLAPPED Me Because I Love A Muslim Guy'
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Wagon R 7-Seater — What We Know
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the new Wagon R (2019) and it has become an instant success on the market. Bookings have crossed over 12,000 units and the figure is rising at a rapid pace. However, many are still waiting for the Maruti Wagon R's 7-seater variant.
Till date, Maruti Suzuki has not shared anything officially regarding the Wagon R 7-seater. But the larger iteration of the 'tall-boy' hatchback was spotted a few times on Indian roads; carrying temporary registration plates — check out the spy pics of the 7-seater Maruti Wagon R.
Even though we call it the '7-seater Wagon R', the car in question is actually the Suzuki Solio which is sold in various global markets (especially Japan). It is a sub-four-metre mini-MPV with a 5+2 seating configuration. Initial reports stated that the Maruti Wagon 7-seater would be launched at Auto Expo 2018, but that obviously did not happen. If the mini-MPV ever makes it into the Indian market, sales of the Maruti Ertiga MPV will surely be affected.
Besides all the expected features for a vehicle in that segment, the 7-seater Wagon R aka Suzuki Solio gets electric sliding doors. Regarding specifications, the global-spec Suzuki Solio is powered by a 1.2-litre four-cylinder engine which makes 90bhp and 118Nm of torque. This is mated to a five-speed automatic transmission.
Interestingly enough, the 2019 Maruti Wagon R also employs the same power plant and gives a similar output. There is a five-speed AMT option as well. Wish to know more about the new Wagon R? Check out some top things to know about it.
The sub-10-lakh MPV market is gaining some traction and certain brands are working on some new products in this regard. Unlike the full-size MPVs such as the Mahindra Marazzo and Toyota Innova Crysta, the Suzuki Solio (and the Maruti Ertiga) is much more like a bigger hatchback which can seat seven.
Again, Maruti Suzuki has not given even the slightest hint to a possible launch of the 7-seater Maruti Wagon R. If they do, the Datsun GO+ and the upcoming Renault Kwid-based MPV (RBC) should worry a bit.
Thoughts On The Maruti Wagon R 7-Seater
Almost all car manufacturers operating in the country at present have laid down an aggressive market strategy for the new year. Maruti Suzuki is definitely one of them and lately, there were a lot of rumours regarding their upcoming products. We can only hope that the Wagon R 7-seater is one among them.