TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Maruti Suzuki has already confirmed the introduction of the new WagonR seven-seater in the Indian market. Now, the new WagonR or Solio has been spotted testing again on Indian roads. ZigWheels has got hold of the new spy shots of the new Maruti WagonR.
The recently spotted model was a five-seater variant of the new WagonR and it looks like Maruti Suzuki is planning to offer both the five-seater and seven-seater versions of the MPV. The new WagonR was also equipped with electric sliding doors.
The Solio or the new WagonR was first spotted in India before the Auto Expo 2018 and we were expecting the new WagonR to be revealed at the auto show. But Maruti Suzuki had other plans and launched the new 2018 Maruti Swift.
Maruti has confirmed the seven-seater WagonR-based Solio for India. According to reports from Team-BHP, the production of the new seven-seater Wagon R will begin from September 2018.
The WagonR-based Solio will be a sub-four metre mini MPV with a five plus two seating arrangement. The seven-seater has been spotted testing on Indian roads on several occasions and was even showcased at the Auto Expo back in 2012.
The Solio will get an upright rear end similar to the WagonR and will also feature electronic sliding doors. The Maruti Solio once introduced in India will be placed below the Ertiga and will take on rivals such as the Datsun Go+.
The WagonR based MPV is already available in the international market. Globally, the seven-seater Solio gets a 1.2-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine producing 90bhp and 118Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Seven-seater WagonR Solio
The new seven-seater Solio offering from Maruti once launched in India, can be expected to receive the same petrol and diesel engines as on all of its current lineup. The company is also reported to be evaluating launching the new model sometime in November.