- 7 hrs ago India-Bound Hyundai Elantra Facelift To Be Offered With Petrol Powertrain Only
- 8 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq Corporate Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 33 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago MG eZS Teased Ahead Of India-Launch Next Year: To Rival The Hyundai Kona EV
- 10 hrs ago New Mahindra Thar & XUV300 BS-VI Spied Testing In India: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Ranveer Singh Is Deepika Padukone’s ‘Trashcan’ According To The Hilarious Meme She Posted!
- News Six BSP MLAs join Congress in Rajasthan
- Sports PKL 2019: Dabang Delhi consolidate their position on top of the table following their win over Telugu Titans
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A70s To Be Priced At Rs. 32,990, Hints Report
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Look Is Pretty Simple To Ace
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance 5 Export Business Ideas In India
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki has launched a 'Sport Edition' of their popular Vitara Brezza compact-SUV in the Indian market. The new Maruti Vitara Brezza Sport Edition is priced at Rs 7.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Maruti Vitara Brezza was first launched back in 2016 and has since become the best-selling compact-SUV offering in the Indian market. Since its launch four years back, Maruti Suzuki has sold the Vitara Brezza without any changes. However, with rising competition in the segment, especially with the launch of the Hyundai Venue and the Mahindra XUV300, Maruti Suzuki has come out with a more premium edition.
In terms of changes on the Sport Edition, Maruti Suzuki has brought in just cosmetic updates to the Vitara Brezza. This includes an accessory package which can be customised according to the variant and customer preferences. The accessory package includes body graphics, side body cladding, door sill-guard, wheel-arch kit, new seat covers and leather steering covers.
Apart from the additional cosmetic updates, the Vitara Brezza Sport Edition remains unchanged. In terms of mechanicals, the Maruti Vitara Brezza Sport Edition continues to be powered by the same 1.3-litre diesel option. It produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or AMT gearbox.
Maruti is currently said to be working on a new version of the Vitara Brezza for the Indian market. The new Vitara Brezza facelift will be launched in India sometime prior to the BS-VI emission norms implementation in April 2020. The new compact-SUV will also bring in BS-VI compliant engines on the Vitara Brezza.
Maruti Suzuki will also bringing the latest BS-VI compliant 1.2-litre K12 petrol engine on the Vitara Brezza. Maruti Suzuki recently announced that they will completely stop introducing diesel-powered products in their portfolio, however, the Vitara Brezza will receive the new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine at a later stage. This engine first debuted on the Ciaz and is now available on the Ertiga as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Vitara Brezza Sport Edition Launch
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Sport Edition is a minor cosmetic upgrade to the compact-SUV. The updates have been made in order to attract more customers towards the product, while keeping the rising competition from other products in check. The Maruti Vitara Brezza rivals the likes of the Mahindra XUV300, Hyundai Venue and the Ford EcoSport.