- 13 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 16 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Sports MS Dhoni on lack of batting time: Haven’t batted for a long time, 14-day quarantine doesn’t help
- News India can promise to be Africa's most steadfast partner: Jaishankar
- Movies Suriya To Start Shooting For Pandiraj Project In January 2021?
- Technology OnePlus Nord Users Experiencing Random Factory Data Reset Issue: Report
- Finance Shapoorji Pallonji Group To Exit Tata Group
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Maruti Suzuki has launched a 'Sport Edition' of their popular Vitara Brezza compact-SUV in the Indian market. The new Maruti Vitara Brezza Sport Edition is priced at Rs 7.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Maruti Vitara Brezza was first launched back in 2016 and has since become the best-selling compact-SUV offering in the Indian market. Since its launch four years back, Maruti Suzuki has sold the Vitara Brezza without any changes. However, with rising competition in the segment, especially with the launch of the Hyundai Venue and the Mahindra XUV300, Maruti Suzuki has come out with a more premium edition.
In terms of changes on the Sport Edition, Maruti Suzuki has brought in just cosmetic updates to the Vitara Brezza. This includes an accessory package which can be customised according to the variant and customer preferences. The accessory package includes body graphics, side body cladding, door sill-guard, wheel-arch kit, new seat covers and leather steering covers.
Apart from the additional cosmetic updates, the Vitara Brezza Sport Edition remains unchanged. In terms of mechanicals, the Maruti Vitara Brezza Sport Edition continues to be powered by the same 1.3-litre diesel option. It produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or AMT gearbox.
Maruti is currently said to be working on a new version of the Vitara Brezza for the Indian market. The new Vitara Brezza facelift will be launched in India sometime prior to the BS-VI emission norms implementation in April 2020. The new compact-SUV will also bring in BS-VI compliant engines on the Vitara Brezza.
Maruti Suzuki will also bringing the latest BS-VI compliant 1.2-litre K12 petrol engine on the Vitara Brezza. Maruti Suzuki recently announced that they will completely stop introducing diesel-powered products in their portfolio, however, the Vitara Brezza will receive the new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine at a later stage. This engine first debuted on the Ciaz and is now available on the Ertiga as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Vitara Brezza Sport Edition Launch
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Sport Edition is a minor cosmetic upgrade to the compact-SUV. The updates have been made in order to attract more customers towards the product, while keeping the rising competition from other products in check. The Maruti Vitara Brezza rivals the likes of the Mahindra XUV300, Hyundai Venue and the Ford EcoSport.