- 5 hrs ago Tata Altroz Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.29 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Kia Carnival Review (First Drive): Extravagant On Space, Feature-Loaded And BSVI-Compliant
- 1 day ago MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- 1 day ago Amazon Introduces Three And Four Wheeler EVs For Product Delivery
- Sports Revenge not on Virat Kohli's mind as India face NZ for the first time since WC semifinal match
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Fashion Playlist Includes A Louis Vuitton Campaign And Two White Outfits
- Finance Govt Looks To Amass Rs 10,000 Crore From 7th Tranche Of CPSE ETF
- Movies Richa Chadha Reveals Marriage Plans With Ali Fazal: ‘We Don’t Have Time, We Are In A Happy Space’
- Technology Reliance Jio Faces Tough Competition By WiFi Dabba, In Bengaluru
- News Would be bidding for Air India if I was not a minister: Piyush Goyal
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Maruti Suzuki has confirmed the launch of the Vitara Brezza petrol for the Indian market. According to carandbike, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol will launch in the Indian market, sometime before January 2020.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was first launched in the Indian market back in 2016. At the time of launch, the brand introduced just the diesel variant of the Vitara Brezza in the Indian market.
Now, with Maruti Suzuki's plans to completely discontinue diesel engines in the market. The company is now working towards bringing in the petrol version of their best-selling SUV in the market.
The new petrol engine on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will be the same 1.2-litre petrol engine which does duty on the newly introduced Wagon R. This engine currently churns out 82bhp and 113Nm of torque. The 1.2-litre engine, however, will be upgraded to meet the upcoming BS-VI norms. Maruti Suzuki might also tune the engine for better power output and torque figures.
Maruti Suzuki currently offers the Wagon R 1.2-litre petrol with a choice of either a five-speed manual or AMT gearbox. The brand might carry forward the same transmission options on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol as well.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is currently the best-selling SUV in the Indian market. The company recently recorded sales of 11,785 units in April 2019, a growth of nine percent compared to the same month last year.
Apart from the mechanical updates, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is also expected to receive a mild mid-cycle facelift as well. This includes subtle cosmetic changes and additional features and safety equipment update as well.
Maruti Suzuki is also planning to replace the current diesel unit on the Vitara Brezza with the latest 1.5-litre. The new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel first debuted on the Ciaz sedan and was also introduced on the Ertiga MPV as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol is among the most-anticipated variants of the SUV in the Indian market. Once launched in the Indian market, the Vitara Brezza petrol will continue to rival other compact SUVs such as he XUV300 and Ford EcoSport.