- 1 hr ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 2 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Sports Vijay Hazare Trophy: Rishabh Pant, Navdeep Saini named in Delhi squad for Hazare Trophy, Dhruv Shorey to lead
- Movies Rajkummar Rao Tears Up About His Father Watching Made In China’s Trailer Before He Passed Away
- News Terrorists come to India from neighbouring countries, not Moon: EU parliamentarians slam Pak
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Maruti Vitara Brezza is one of the most popular SUVs in the Indian market and also leads the sales chart month-on-month, registering the highest sales. Currently, Maruti Suzuki offers the Vitara Brezza with just a diesel engine option.
Now, Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on a petrol version of their popular Vitara Brezza SUV. The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol will come in the form of a 1.5-litre engine, the same as seen on the Ciaz sedan.
Maruti Suzuki introduced the new 1.5-litre petrol engine in the market recently. The new in-house developed petrol engine first debuted on the Ciaz sedan late last year and is now expected to make its way onto other models, including the Vitara Brezza as well.
According to Autocar India, Maruti Suzuki initially had plans of introducing the Vitara Brezza petrol SUV with the 1.0-litre BoosterJet engine. However, the brand later scrapped this plan as the popular SUV would have become too expensive while also failing to meet their real-world fuel economy expectations.
Maruti Suzuki will first feature the new petrol engine on the second-generation Ertiga MPV, before introducing it on the Vitara Brezza SUV. The new 1.5-litre petrol engine comes in the form of a 1,462cc four-cylinder engine producing 105bhp and 138nm of torque. Along with the petrol engine, the Maruti Vitara Brezza will also feature the brand's Smart Hybrid System as well.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol will initially come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. However, a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission is also said to be in the pipeline for a possible future launch plans. This is the same automatic gearbox which does duty on the Maruti Ciaz sedan — here are more details on the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol.
Apart from the additional petrol powertrain on the Maruti Vitara Brezza, the company might also bring in a number of cosmetic upgrades to the SUV, although this is yet to be confirmed.
Maruti Suzuki might also introduce the Vitara Brezza with the new diesel engine in the same process. Closer to the emissions deadline in the country in April 2020, Maruti might replace the 1.3-litre diesel unit currently doing duty on the Vitara Brezza with their latest 1.5-litre DDiS225 unit. The new 1.5-litre DDiS225 diesel engine recently debuted on the Ciaz sedan and is set to make its way on to the Ertiga MPV as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Vitara Brezza Petrol
The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol will further add to the popularity of the SUV in the Indian market. The product is already the best-selling SUV in the country, which Maruti hopes to further improve with the addition of the petrol engine. The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol once launched in India will rival the likes of the Ford EcoSport 1.5-litre petrol, Tata Nexon 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and the recently introduced Mahindra XUV300 1.2-litre turbo-petrol.