- 11 min ago Maruti Suzuki, Dealer Ordered To Pay Rs 1 Lakh Compensation
- 2 hrs ago Continental Builds Heads Up Display For Sport And Performance Cars
- 3 hrs ago The Damon X Is The Safest Motorcycle In The World — Features Advanced Tech
- 3 hrs ago Vespa & Aprilia To Launch FI Scooters With LED Headlamps & New Scooters With 200cc Engine
- Sports ICC World Cup 2919: KL Rahul, the silent dramaturge
- Finance Goyal Asks Companies To Submit Concerns On Draft E-Commerce Policy In 10 Days
- Movies Court Acquits Actor Vidyut Jamwal In 2007 Assault Case
- Lifestyle Encephalitis: The Deadly Condition That Killed More Than 100 Children In Bihar
- News Upset over no electricity for 38 years, farmer gulps poison in front of minister
- Technology WD Black SN750 M.2 SSD Review: Made For Pro Gamers
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Maruti Vitara Brezza is one of the most popular SUVs in the Indian market and also leads the sales chart month-on-month, registering the highest sales. Currently, Maruti Suzuki offers the Vitara Brezza with just a diesel engine option.
Now, Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on a petrol version of their popular Vitara Brezza SUV. The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol will come in the form of a 1.5-litre engine, the same as seen on the Ciaz sedan.
Maruti Suzuki introduced the new 1.5-litre petrol engine in the market recently. The new in-house developed petrol engine first debuted on the Ciaz sedan late last year and is now expected to make its way onto other models, including the Vitara Brezza as well.
According to Autocar India, Maruti Suzuki initially had plans of introducing the Vitara Brezza petrol SUV with the 1.0-litre BoosterJet engine. However, the brand later scrapped this plan as the popular SUV would have become too expensive while also failing to meet their real-world fuel economy expectations.
Maruti Suzuki will first feature the new petrol engine on the second-generation Ertiga MPV, before introducing it on the Vitara Brezza SUV. The new 1.5-litre petrol engine comes in the form of a 1,462cc four-cylinder engine producing 105bhp and 138nm of torque. Along with the petrol engine, the Maruti Vitara Brezza will also feature the brand's Smart Hybrid System as well.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol will initially come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. However, a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission is also said to be in the pipeline for a possible future launch plans. This is the same automatic gearbox which does duty on the Maruti Ciaz sedan — here are more details on the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol.
Apart from the additional petrol powertrain on the Maruti Vitara Brezza, the company might also bring in a number of cosmetic upgrades to the SUV, although this is yet to be confirmed.
Maruti Suzuki might also introduce the Vitara Brezza with the new diesel engine in the same process. Closer to the emissions deadline in the country in April 2020, Maruti might replace the 1.3-litre diesel unit currently doing duty on the Vitara Brezza with their latest 1.5-litre DDiS225 unit. The new 1.5-litre DDiS225 diesel engine recently debuted on the Ciaz sedan and is set to make its way on to the Ertiga MPV as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Vitara Brezza Petrol
The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol will further add to the popularity of the SUV in the Indian market. The product is already the best-selling SUV in the country, which Maruti hopes to further improve with the addition of the petrol engine. The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol once launched in India will rival the likes of the Ford EcoSport 1.5-litre petrol, Tata Nexon 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and the recently introduced Mahindra XUV300 1.2-litre turbo-petrol.