- 49 min ago 2019 Mahindra Mojo ABS Images & Details Leaked Ahead Of Its Launch
- 17 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 17 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 18 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- Lifestyle The Connection Between Ayurveda And Yoga Explained!
- Movies RRR Updates: SS Rajamouli Receives A Big Shock From This Young Actress?
- News Deadly 1,100-Foot Asteroid could hit Earth in September. Should you worry?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Not fair to blame de Kock for not going for DRS against Williamson; even Dhoni missed it vs Pakistan
- Technology Motorola One Vision Launch Live Update: Everything you need to know
- Finance Govt May Raise Tax Exemption Slab In Upcoming Budget To Improve Economy: Report
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki has introduced the new 1.5-litre diesel engine on its Ciaz sedan offering in the country. The Maruti Ciaz with the new 1.5-litre diesel engine now comes with a starting price of Rs 9.97 lakh and goes up to Rs 11.37 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new 1.5-litre diesel engine on the Ciaz sedan will be sold alongside the older tried and tested 1.3-litre DDiS200 engine sourced from Fiat. However, the old engine will be discontinued closer to the implementation of the upcoming emission norms in the country.
The new 1.5-litre four-cylinder DDiS225 diesel offering has been developed in-house by Maruti Suzuki. The new engine is said to offer better power delivery figures and low-end torque. The new all-aluminium engine is said to produce 94bhp and 225Nm of torque. The new diesel engine also claims to return a mileage figure of 26.82km/l.
The new engine further comes mated to a newly developed six-speed manual gearbox. The new transmission unit now has the reverse gear re-positioned next to the first gear, with a lift-lock mechanism.
Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki, said:
"Maruti Suzuki has always re-defined the Indian auto industry with its revolutionary offerings. The all -new aluminium 1.5-litre DDiS 225 diesel engine is yet another testament of the same. This new engine offers an optimum balance of enhanced performance with best in class fuel efficiency. The new engine showcases our commitment to provide products that capture performance aspirations of our young customers. We are confident that introduction of this new engine will further strengthen our portfolio and help in popularity of our cars."
Maruti Suzuki has now moved on to larger 1.5-litre engine capacities. The brand also offers its new 1.5-litre 'K15-series' petrol engine options, which also replaces the older 1.2-litre unit. The new diesel engine will now makes its way onto other Maruti Suzuki products, starting with the Ertiga MPV.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ciaz With The New 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine
The new 1.5-litre diesel engine on the Maruti Suzuki has been developed in-house by the brand. The new diesel engine is still BS-IV compliant, however, it can easily be updated to the upcoming BS-VI norms, closer to the deadline. The Maruti Ciaz rivals the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Toyota Yaris in the Indian market.