- 34 min ago 2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R Bookings Commence: New Colour & Limited Numbers Only
- 16 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 17 hrs ago Toyota Introduces Service Campaign With Added Benefits: Valid Till 31st December
- 19 hrs ago Ola Self Drive Service Launched In Bangalore Called The ‘Ola Drive’
- Finance Understanding Tax Credit Claims On TDS On Cash Withdrawals Of Over Rs 1 Crore
- News CJI Gogoi recommends S A Bobde as his successor
- Sports ISL feature: Mandar Rao Desai relishes new role with FC Goa
- Technology Moto E6 Play Renders Surface Online Ahead Of Launch
- Movies Karwa Chauth 2019: Sorry Priyanka Chopra, But Nick Jonas Stole All Your Thunder With His Ethnic Look
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: Gentlemen, Up Your Traditional Game With These Outfits From Bollywood Actors’ Wardrobe
- Travel How To Choose The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
Maruti Suzuki has introduced the new 1.5-litre diesel engine on its Ciaz sedan offering in the country. The Maruti Ciaz with the new 1.5-litre diesel engine now comes with a starting price of Rs 9.97 lakh and goes up to Rs 11.37 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new 1.5-litre diesel engine on the Ciaz sedan will be sold alongside the older tried and tested 1.3-litre DDiS200 engine sourced from Fiat. However, the old engine will be discontinued closer to the implementation of the upcoming emission norms in the country.
The new 1.5-litre four-cylinder DDiS225 diesel offering has been developed in-house by Maruti Suzuki. The new engine is said to offer better power delivery figures and low-end torque. The new all-aluminium engine is said to produce 94bhp and 225Nm of torque. The new diesel engine also claims to return a mileage figure of 26.82km/l.
The new engine further comes mated to a newly developed six-speed manual gearbox. The new transmission unit now has the reverse gear re-positioned next to the first gear, with a lift-lock mechanism.
Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki, said:
"Maruti Suzuki has always re-defined the Indian auto industry with its revolutionary offerings. The all -new aluminium 1.5-litre DDiS 225 diesel engine is yet another testament of the same. This new engine offers an optimum balance of enhanced performance with best in class fuel efficiency. The new engine showcases our commitment to provide products that capture performance aspirations of our young customers. We are confident that introduction of this new engine will further strengthen our portfolio and help in popularity of our cars."
Maruti Suzuki has now moved on to larger 1.5-litre engine capacities. The brand also offers its new 1.5-litre 'K15-series' petrol engine options, which also replaces the older 1.2-litre unit. The new diesel engine will now makes its way onto other Maruti Suzuki products, starting with the Ertiga MPV.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ciaz With The New 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine
The new 1.5-litre diesel engine on the Maruti Suzuki has been developed in-house by the brand. The new diesel engine is still BS-IV compliant, however, it can easily be updated to the upcoming BS-VI norms, closer to the deadline. The Maruti Ciaz rivals the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Toyota Yaris in the Indian market.