- 33 min ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Spotted Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers 18,539 Units Of Sales Post Lockdown
- 2 hrs ago MG Gloster To Be Locally Assembled: Expected India Launch During Diwali
- 3 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Toyota Registers 1,639 Units Of Sales Since Resuming Operations
- News Mumbai experiences cloudy sky, light showers as Cyclone Nisarga forms in Arabian Sea
- Sports Justice for George Floyd: Soccer out of touch suppressing on-field activism
- Lifestyle Why Dry Shaving Is Bad For Your Skin
- Finance India's Unemployment Rate In May Stays At 23%
- Technology Do Not Install Windows 10, Version 2004 Update On Your PC Or Laptop
- Movies Mahesh Babu's Revelation About Having A Crush On This Actress Will Make You Go ‘Aww’!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch its premium six-seater MPV, the XL6 in India on the 21st of August. The new premium MPV from Maruti Suzuki is based on the popular Ertiga offering and has been spied testing multiple times as well.
Now, ahead of its launch Autocar India has revealed the dimensions of the new upcoming Maruti Suzuki XL6. According to the reports, the new XL6 MPV is slightly longer, wider and taller than the standard Ertiga MPV sold in the Indian market.
Here are the dimensions of the new Maruti Suzuki XL6:
- Length: 4,445mm
- Width: 1,775mm
- Height: 1,700mm
- Wheelbase: 2,740mm
- Turning Radius: 5.2 metres
Compared to the standard Ertiga MPV, the Maruti Suzuki XL6 is 50mm longer, 40mm wider and 10mm taller. However, the Wheelbase and the turning radius remains exactly the same.
The new Maruti Suzuki XL6 will also be powered by the same BS-VI compliant 1.5-litre K15B Series petrol engine. This is the same engine which was introduced on the Ertiga MPV recently. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Maruti Suzuki has also offered the XL6 with a number of updates in terms of design, features and safety equipment. The company recently released official teaser images of the XL6 showcasing various aspects of the new MPV.
This includes the updated front grille, revised instrument cluster and a bunch of other interior changes as well. The most important update, however, comes in the form of the individual captain seats in the second-row. The interior also comes with a blacked-out cabin, along with silver accents which offer a premium feel to the new MPV.
The Maruti Suzuki XL6 will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium Nexa dealerships. It will be sold alongside the likes of the Baleno, Ignis and the S-Cross. Bookings for the premium MPV will begin shortly with deliveries set to begin immediately from the time of launch.
*Note: Image used for representational purpose only
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki XL6 Premium Six-Seater MPV
The Maruti Suzuki XL6 will be a more premium offering from the brand in the Indian market. With the company recording its lowest sales figures yet, Maruti Suzuki hopes that the new MPV will help boost their sales. The premium XL6 MPV will continue to compete against the same rivals as the Ertiga; this includes the Mahindra Marazzo and the Toyota Innova Crysta.