- 3 hrs ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 2 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 2 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- News J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Shahpur sector of Poonch district
- Technology Vivo V17: The Good, Bad, And The X Factor
- Lifestyle What Is Gaming Disorder And How It Can Be Treated
- Movies Will Yash Dub For Himself In KGF: Chapter 2's Tamil Version?
- Finance Sensex, Nifty End With Marginal Gains; End 2-Day Losing Run
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Sports 'He can do it all', 'one for the ages' - LeBron and Lakers laud dominant Davis
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce its latest MPV in the Indian market, a premium six-seater model called the 'XL6'. Ahead of its launch Maruti Suzuki has released the first official design sketches of the new MPV, teasing the upcoming XL6.
The new Maruti Suzuki XL6 will go on sale in the Indian market on the 21st of August and is based on the popular Ertiga offering. The new premium MPV offering will be sold exclusively through the company's Nexa dealerships across the country.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited stated:
"Maruti Suzuki is ready to roll out the next level of excitement with the XL6, a premium MPV, at NEXA showrooms across the country. Apart from the space and functionality that the customers desire for, the all-new XL6 offers a blend of sporty design and premium interiors, which will help it in establishing its niche in the MPV segment."
The new six-seater premium MPV is based on the popular Ertiga offering. The official design sketches of the XL6 showcases a number of updates made to the new model.
This includes a refreshed front design with a new grille, updated headlamps clusters with black inserts and a new design for the LED DRLs.
Other updates also include chunky roof rails, added muscle all around the car and updated set of LED taillights as well.
Inside, the new Maruti Suzuki XL6 will come with all the equipment as seen on the top-spec Ertiga MPV. It will also include a number of additional features as well.
The cabin and the dashboard will be all blacked-out, with silver accents; adding to the premium yet sporty nature of the new MPV. However, the main update is the availability of the individual captain seats in the second row.
In terms of mechanicals, Maruti Suzuki is expected to offer the XL6 with the same 1.5-litre K15-Series petrol engine. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the BS-VI version of the Ertiga MPV with the same 1.5-litre petrol engine. Hence it makes sense that the upcoming XL6 MPV will also be offered with the BS-VI compliant engine. This petrol engine will further be offered with Maruti Suzuki's SHVS (mild-hybrid) technology.
The Maruti Suzuki XL6 has been spied multiple times in the recent past. The car has also been spotted testing in a different colour, with the lastest being in ‘Deep Metallic Brown'. This might also indicate that the new premium MPV will be offered in a number of new paint schemes as well, which will help attract more customers towards it.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki XL6 Design Sketches
The Maruti Suzuki XL6 will be positioned a step above the Ertiga model in the brand's product lineup. The MPV will be available in two variants, both of them priced slightly higher than the standard Ertiga. Once launched in India, the new Maruti XL6 MPV will continue to rival the same competitors as the Ertiga, this includes the Mahindra Marazzo and the Toyota Innova Crysta.