- 57 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 2 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 3 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- Movies Executive Producer Kshitij Ravi Prasad To Be Arrested By Narcotics Control Bureau In Drugs Case
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Budget Smartphone Launched: Price, Specifications
- News With QUAD pitch in, India-Japan to tie up for 5G technologies
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Maruti Suzuki launched their all-new S-Presso hatchback in the Indian market on the 30th September 2019. The S-Presso is an all-new hatchback, based on the Future-S Concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
With October being its first full month of sales, the hatchback seems to have been received extremely well in the Indian market. The Maruti S-Presso sales in October stood at 10,634 units. This is higher than Maruti Suzuki's popular Vitara Brezza compact-SUV.
The Maruti S-Presso sales in India overtook the Vitara Brezza in its first month of sales. This is quite a feat, considering the Vitara Brezza has been one of the most popular offerings from the brand, while also being the best-selling SUV in the country on many occasions as well.
The Maruti S-Presso offers a tall SUV-ish stance, with an upright design, large ground clearance and tall seating position. The S-Presso also carries forward design cues from the Vitara Brezza in terms of the front grille as well. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, on the other hand, registered 10,227 units of sales in the month of October 2019.
Both the Maruti S-Presso and the Vitara Brezza are also part of the list of the top-10 best-selling cars in the country. The S-Presso was positioned eighth while the Vitara Brezza came in at ninth — here is the entire top-10 best-selling car list in India for October 2019.
The Maruti S-Presso is powered by a single BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. This engine has been borrowed from the Alto K10. However, the Alto K10 still uses a BS-IV compliant engine, which is expected to be upgraded soon.
The 1.0-litre BS-VI petrol engine on the S-Presso produces the same power output as its BS-IV version. This translates to 67bhp and 90Nm of torque; mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. Maruti Suzuki also offers the higher-spec variants of the S-Presso with the optional four-speed AGS automatic transmission as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti S-Presso Sales For October 2019
The Maruti S-Presso comes with a rather subjective design language. However, within a month of its launch, the hatchback has performed extremely well in terms of overall sales in the Indian market.
It will be interesting to see if the S-Presso will be able to carry forward the trend in the coming months, or if this is just an initial hype around a new Maruti Suzuki car which will subdue going forward.