- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Movies Shahid Kapoor To Commence Shoot Of ‘Jersey’ On December 13 Despite Being Severely Ill
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Top-selling Cars in India for October 2019. The list of the top-10 best-selling cars in the country in the month of October 2019 has been released. The list showcases Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate, with the Dzire compact-sedan leading the charts.
The Maruti Dzire beats the Swift and the Alto to take the lead as the best-selling car in India for October 2019. The Maruti Dzire compact-sedan registered 19,569 units of sales last month. The compact-sedan has performed brilliantly for the company month-on-month, bringing in volume sales to the brand in the Indian market.
Maruti Suzuki Swift is the second best-selling car in the list of top-10. The Maruti Swift, currently in its third-generation iteration has registered 19,401 units of sales in October 2019. The Swift is currently the best-selling hatchback in the Indian market, overtaking the popular Alto.
The Maruti Alto comes in third on the list of top-10. The Maruti Alto which is available in both 800cc and 998cc variants registered 17,903 units in the previous month. The Maruti Alto K10 is expected to receive an upgrade to its engine soon, making it compliant with the upcoming BS-VI norms.
Fourth on the list is Maruti's premium hatchback, the Baleno. The Maruti Baleno registered 16,237 units in October 2019. The Baleno continues to lead the way in the premium hatchback segment, followed by the Hyundai Elite i20.
The Hyundai Elite i20 comes in fifth on the list. The Elite i20 hatchback has improved its monthly sales figures in the Indian market. The hatchback is currently the best-selling product from Hyundai in India, registering 14,683 units last month.
The popular tallboy, Maruti WagonR comes in sixth on the list. The WagonR seems to have dropped in sales compared to the previous months when it was placed higher up the order. The Maruti WagonR in the month of October 2019, recorded 14,359 units of sales.
The top-10 best-selling car list till now has been dominated mostly by just Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai products till now. However, the recently launched Kia Seltos seems to have finally broken this trend to occupy the seventh position.
The Kia Seltos has managed to register 12,850 units of sales in the Indian market, making it the best-selling SUV in the country. The Seltos positioned in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment has even overtaken the popular Vitara Brezza from Maruti Suzuki, which is a segment lower.
|5||Hyundai Elite i20||14,683|
|9||Maruti Vitara Brezza||10,227|
The recently launched Maruti S-Presso ranks eighth on the list. The S-Presso has been received extremely well in the Indian market registering 10,634 units of sales in its first full month in the market. It even overtook the sale of the Vitara Brezza, which came in ninth.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has long been the best-selling SUV in the country. However, recent competition from the likes of the Hyundai Venue and the Kia Seltos has seen it slip in position. The Vitara Brezza managed to register 10,227 units of sales in October 2019.
The last position on the list is occupied by yet another Maruti Suzuki model, the Eeco. The Maruti Suzuki Eeco registered 10,011 units in the previous month. What is a surprise, however, is the absence of two other Hyundai models; Creta and Venue, which have managed to consistently rank in the top-10 this year.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For October 2019
The top-selling car list for the month of October has seen quite a few significant changes in the last month. The addition of the Kia Seltos and the absence of the Hyundai Creta and Venue being the major updates.