- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Movies Kriti Sanon On Playing A Surrogate Mother In Mimi: ‘It Is A Very Entertaining, Beautiful Script’
- Sports Sunil Chhetri signs up three-year deal with PUMA
- News 289 declared foreigners detained in Assam in 2019; 227 deported: Govt
- Lifestyle Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Technology Airtel Launches VoWiFi Service In Delhi-NCR: List Of Compatible Smartphones
- Finance Ujjivan Small Finance Bank IPO: How To Check Allotment Status?
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Maruti Suzuki is set to launch their new S-Presso hatchback in the Indian market later this week. Ahead of its launch, the company has released the first set of official interior and exterior images of the S-Presso hatchback.
The car has been spied testing in India on multiple occasions. Maruti Suzuki has also released a number of teasers in the past couple of days, giving us a glimpse of the all-new entry-level hatchback offering.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso has now been completely revealed ahead of its launch in India on the 30th September. Bookings for the new Maruti S-Presso is expected to begin soon, with deliveries starting immediately from the time of launch. The car has already been spotted arriving at dealerships across India — here are the details.
Coming back to the official images of the Maruti S-Presso, the hatchback comes with a tall SUV-ish stance giving it an almost micro-SUV look. The design is based on the ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The hatchback comes with squared off edges, giving it a more upright stance as well.
The interiors of the Maruti S-Presso comes with an all-black cabin. Orange accents are available on various parts of the top-spec model's cabin. The dashboard comes with a centrally-mounted digital instrument cluster with speedometer and tachometer.
The Maruti S-Presso also comes with a large touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio system. This is placed right below the instrument cluster. Both the infotainment system and the instrument cluster are surrounded by a large circular outline, kind off resembling the unit on the MINI models. The AC vents on the S-Presso are placed centrally as well, on either side of the circular outline.
Other features on the Maruti S-Presso include steering-mounted controls, manually-adjustable ORVMs, front power windows, manual HVAC, 12V charging socket, USB and AUX inputs.
The car is based on Maruti Suzuki's HEARTECT platform, which makes the S-Presso compliant with the latest crash test norms. In terms of safety features, the Maruti S-Presso hatchback also comes with dual airbags for the front passengers, ABS with EBD, speed warning system, rear parking sensors and a host of other standard equipment as well.
In terms of engine specifications, the Maruti S-Presso hatchback is said to be the first model in the company's lineup to receive a BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. This is the same engine as on the Alto K10, however, it has been updated to comply with the upcoming emission norms.
The engine churns out the same 68bhp and 90Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or the optional AGS automatic transmission. The automatic gearbox is, however, available only on the top-spec variants.
The Maruti S-Presso will rival the likes of the upcoming Renault Kwid facelift in the Indian market. In response to Maruti Suzuki, Renault has released their first teaser of the upcoming Kwid facelift — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Details
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is the latest entrant to the entry-level segment in the Indian market. The company will position the S-Presso above the Alto K10 in the brand's product lineup in India. We expect the prices of the Maruti S-Presso to be around the range of Rs 3 lakh, ex-showroom.