- 5 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 8 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce its latest entry-level hatchback in the Indian market, the S-Presso. The new Maruti S-Presso will go on sale in the Indian market on the 30th of September.
Ahead of its launch in the country, the Maruti S-Presso has been spied arriving at dealerships yards across the country. A video online by PowerStroke showcases the Maruti S-Presso at company dealerships, ahead of its launch.
The new Maruti S-Presso will be positioned above the Alto K10 in the Indian market. It will come with a brand new design, offering a tall SUV-ish stance similar to its main rival, the Renault Kwid.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is based on the company's ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The car has been in the news for quite a while now, spotted undergoing testing multiple times in India. Latest spy pics of the Maruti S-Presso completely reveals the exterior design of the hatchback as the car was spotted completely undisguised.
The Maruti S-Presso comes with a sleek front grille, flanked by projector headlamps on either side. It also comes with 14-inch wheels on the higher-spec variants, while the lower-spec models come with smaller 13-inch tyres. The rear also features C-shaped tail lights, similar to some of its larger siblings in the lineup.
Inside, the Maruti S-Presso is expected to come with a centrally-placed instrument cluster. It will also come with a large infotainment system with Maruti's latest SmartPlay Studio system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
In terms of mechanical, the Maruti S-Presso will come powered by a BS-VI compliant 998cc three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 67bhp and 90Nm of peak torque, mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox. The S-Presso will also get the company's AGS automatic gearbox as an option on the higher-spec variants.
Talking about variants, Maruti will offer the new hatchback in a range of 9 variants. This includes Std (O), Lxi, Lxi(O), Vxi, Vxi(O), VXi+, Vxi AGS, Vxi(O) AGS and Vxi+ AGS. Bookings for the Maruti S-Presso is expected to begin soon, with deliveries expected to start immediately from the time of launch.
Maruti Suzuki has already released a couple of teasers of the upcoming hatchback. Both the teasers, showcase the silhouette of the new S-Presso hatchback for the Indian market — watch the latest teaser video here.
Thoughts On The Maruti S-Presso Arriving At Dealerships
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso has started arriving at dealerships, indicating deliveries will begin immediately after its launch in the Indian market. The Maruti S-Presso is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 3 lakh to Rs 3.5 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in the Indian market, the S-Presso will rival the likes of the Datsun redi-GO and the Renault Kwid.