- 3 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 4 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 5 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 6 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Kulbhushan Jadhav verdict: India says stand validated, expect Pak to implement ICJ verdict
- Technology Xiaomi Mi A3 Launched – Triple Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 665 SoC And More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Movies Veteran Bengali Actor Swarup Dutta Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest In Kolkata
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Maruti Suzuki has hiked prices across its entire range of products in the Indian market. The price hike will vary up to Rs 10,000 depending on the model and range.
Maruti states the reason for the price hike to be due to the increasing commodity and foreign exchange rates. The hike in prices will be effective immediately from the 10th of January. Apart from the foreign exchange rates increase and other reasons stated, the rise in fuel prices and transportation costs has also added to the price increase from Maruti Suzuki.
Maruti Suzuki caters to a wide range of customers, with product offerings in almost every segment of the Indian car market. Maruti's entry-level model is the Alto 800 while the flagship model is the Ciaz sedan.
Maruti recently launched their all-new Ertiga MPV in the market. The all-new Maruti Ertiga MPV comes with a starting price of Rs 7.44 Lakh, ex-showroom (India). Currently, Maruti Suzuki is getting ready to introduce the new WagonR. The new iteration of the hatchback is scheduled to launch on the 23rd of January.
The new Maruti WagonR will be powered by two petrol engine options - 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre petrol units. The smaller 1.0-litre petrol produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque while the 1.2-litre churns out 89bhp and 113Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. Higher variants will also come with the optional AGS (Auto Gear Shift) transmission.
Maruti is also said to be working on electric cars for the future, in partnership with Toyota India. The company will introduce its first electric vehicle sometime in 2020, which will be based on the new WagonR hatchback. The new WagonR is expected to be priced in the Rs 4 lakh range, with bookings to begin soon.
Thoughts On The Maruti Price Hike
Maruti Suzuki has increased prices across their entire product range. The price hike has become a norm over the past few years, with many manufacturers also announcing similar hikes in the previous months.