- 4 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 7 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 9 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Technology Oppo K3 Official In India — New Rival To Redmi K20 And Realme X
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- News Samjahuta blast: Plea challenges acquittal of Aseemanand, 3 others
- Movies Katrina Kaif Treats Us To Yet Another Stunning Vacation PIC From Mexico!
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
The latest spy images now showcase the cars being tested in India, with an expected launch date in 2020. The Maruti Suzuki electric WagonR was first showcased at the MOVE Summit 2018, held last month.
The electric WagonR will be based on the upcoming model to be introduced in India by 2019. The design of the new WagonR is further based on the Solio, currently on sale in international markets. The car will retain the same tall boy design, however, the EV once launched in India might not carry forward the ‘WagonR' nameplate.
Maruti Suzuki is also working on completing its new battery production plant in Gujarat. The plant is nearing completion and is being built in partnership with Toyota India. The two Japanese brands are expected to pool their resources and develop newer technologies for the Indian market.
The batteries which are expected to power the electric WagonR is yet to be revealed. The company is also yet to reveal any details regarding the power, The details of the battery to be used on the EVs are still to be confirmed. Although, the EVs are said to come with a range of around 150km on a single charge.
The electric WagonR will also come with all the standard equipment as seen on the regular petrol version. In addition to this, the electric version will also feature ABS, EBD and dual airbags as standard.
Image Courtesy: Powerdrift
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki WagonR Electric
Maruti Suzuki is among the first major car manufacturers in India to test out EVs. The company is currently working towards introducing their first electric vehicle in the market by 2020. The WagonR itself has been one of the most popular names in the Indian market, for over a decade. Hence it makes perfect sense for the company to introduce its electric version.