- Finance ADAG Shares Slump: RInfra Slips 10% On Posting Biggest Ever Quarterly Loss
- Movies Akshay Kumar FUMES In Anger, Feels BETRAYED By Salman Khan & Rohit Shetty For Keeping Him In Dark?
- Technology Redmi K20 Pro Is World’s Fastest Phone – Official Teaser Ahead Of India Launch
- Sports Sarfraz Ahmed did the right thing by choosing to bowl; his side never had the firepower
- News US' F-35 bait to convince India against buying S-400: Will it work?
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki recently introduced its new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine on the Ciaz sedan in India. The Maruti Ciaz with the new diesel engine is now offered at a starting price of Rs 9.97 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Maruti will now introduce the new diesel engine on its other products, which include the new Ertiga MPV and the S-Cross offering in the market. Maruti currently offers the 1.3-litre Multijet diesel unit on the Ertiga and the S-Cross. The tried and tested diesel engine, sourced from Fiat produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. The new diesel engine will be sold alongside the old unit, until April 2020. Once the stricter BS-VI norms are implemented in India, Maruti will discontinue the 1.3-litre unit across all its product lineup.
Both the S-Cross and the Ertiga MPV will carry forward the new 1.5-litre diesel unit, which is said to be more efficient and offers less NVH levels as well. The new diesel engine also produces better power output figures of 95bhp and 225Nm of torque.
The new diesel engine one the Maruti Ciaz also comes mated to a brand-new six-speed manual gearbox. This is also likely to make its way onto both the Ertiga and the S-Cross offerings.
Maruti recently launched the new Ertiga in the Indian market. The new Maruti Ertiga comes with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). With the introduction of the new engine and gearbox, prices of the new Ertiga is expected to increase slightly. It will be the same case for the Maruti S-Cross as well, which currently has a starting price of Rs 8.85 Lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new 1.5-litre diesel engine is currently BS-IV compliant, however Maruti will update the engine to comply with the BS-VI norms closer to the April 2020 deadline.
Maruti also offers the 1.3-litre diesel on its other offerings such as the Swift, Dzire, Baleno and the Vitara Brezza. With the implementation of the new emission norms, these products will be offered only in their petrol variants, with the diesel variant lineup discontinued. The smaller hatchback offerings such as the Swift, Dzire and Baleno could also go in for the CNG option in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ertiga & S-Cross With The New Diesel Engine
Maruti had already confirmed that the new 1.5-litre diesel engine will be carried forward to other models, apart from the Ciaz as well. Maruti will first introduce the new diesel engine on the Ertiga, which will later be followed by the S-Cross. The launch of both the cars with the new diesel engine is expected sometime soon.