- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 9 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 11 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 12 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Technology Spectrum Auction Might Increase Debt Of Telecom Industry: ICRA
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Finance Sun Pharma Q4 Profit Falls 37% On One-Time Expenditure
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki recently introduced its new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine on the Ciaz sedan in India. The Maruti Ciaz with the new diesel engine is now offered at a starting price of Rs 9.97 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Maruti will now introduce the new diesel engine on its other products, which include the new Ertiga MPV and the S-Cross offering in the market. Maruti currently offers the 1.3-litre Multijet diesel unit on the Ertiga and the S-Cross. The tried and tested diesel engine, sourced from Fiat produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. The new diesel engine will be sold alongside the old unit, until April 2020. Once the stricter BS-VI norms are implemented in India, Maruti will discontinue the 1.3-litre unit across all its product lineup.
Both the S-Cross and the Ertiga MPV will carry forward the new 1.5-litre diesel unit, which is said to be more efficient and offers less NVH levels as well. The new diesel engine also produces better power output figures of 95bhp and 225Nm of torque.
The new diesel engine one the Maruti Ciaz also comes mated to a brand-new six-speed manual gearbox. This is also likely to make its way onto both the Ertiga and the S-Cross offerings.
Maruti recently launched the new Ertiga in the Indian market. The new Maruti Ertiga comes with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). With the introduction of the new engine and gearbox, prices of the new Ertiga is expected to increase slightly. It will be the same case for the Maruti S-Cross as well, which currently has a starting price of Rs 8.85 Lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new 1.5-litre diesel engine is currently BS-IV compliant, however Maruti will update the engine to comply with the BS-VI norms closer to the April 2020 deadline.
Maruti also offers the 1.3-litre diesel on its other offerings such as the Swift, Dzire, Baleno and the Vitara Brezza. With the implementation of the new emission norms, these products will be offered only in their petrol variants, with the diesel variant lineup discontinued. The smaller hatchback offerings such as the Swift, Dzire and Baleno could also go in for the CNG option in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ertiga & S-Cross With The New Diesel Engine
Maruti had already confirmed that the new 1.5-litre diesel engine will be carried forward to other models, apart from the Ciaz as well. Maruti will first introduce the new diesel engine on the Ertiga, which will later be followed by the S-Cross. The launch of both the cars with the new diesel engine is expected sometime soon.