- 39 min ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 1 hr ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 1 hr ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 2 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment Doing Intimate Scene!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Malik's career as good as over: Former players
- Technology Honor 20 Achieved One Million Sale Of Units In Just 14 Days
- Lifestyle Raisins: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks & Ways To Eat
- News Doctors in West Bengal agree to call off week-long strike
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki is working on introducing its new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine on the Ertiga MPV for the Indian market. Maruti recently debuted the new diesel engine on their Ciaz sedan in the Indian market.
The new diesel engine will be offered alongside the tried and tested 1.3-litre unit, until the new emission norms come into effect. The new 1.5-litre diesel engine is said to be more efficient, lightweight and powerful than the outgoing 1.3-litre unit.
The new diesel engine has been developed in-house by Maruti and comes in the form of a 1,498cc four-cylinder diesel unit churning out 95bhp and 225Nm of torque mated to a new six-speed manual gearbox.
Apart from the addition of the new diesel engine, no other changes will be made to the Maruti Ertiga MPV in the market. The new Maruti Ertiga MPV was launched in November 2018 and comes with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The second-generation Ertiga MPV was introduced six-years after the launch of the first model. The new Ertiga comes with a number of updates, this includes a completely new design; making it feel more upmarket than the previous generation model.
The new Maruti Ertiga MPV is now part of the brand's HEARTECT platform. It is the same platform which underpins other Maruti models, such as the Swift, Dzire and Ignis offerings.
Currently, the new Maruti Ertiga MPV is available in both petrol and diesel offerings. This includes a 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 104bhp and 138Nm of torque while the diesel is a 1.3-litre unit churning out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The petrol engine is also offered with the brand's four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission as well.
The Maruti Ertiga is currently the best selling MPV in the Indian car market. It recorded its highest sales ever, with a growth of 76 percent in March 2019, compared to the same month last year — read about it here.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ertiga With The New Diesel Engine
The new Maruti Ertiga has been a success in the Indian market. With a competitive price tag, the Ertiga MPV offers a number of features and equipment, which attracts a lot of sales for Maruti in the market. The new Maruti Ertiga rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra Marazzo in the Indian MPV segment.