- 13 hrs ago India-Bound Hyundai Elantra Facelift To Be Offered With Petrol Powertrain Only
- 14 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq Corporate Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 33 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago MG eZS Teased Ahead Of India-Launch Next Year: To Rival The Hyundai Kona EV
- 16 hrs ago New Mahindra Thar & XUV300 BS-VI Spied Testing In India: Spy Pics & Details
- News SSC CAPF, CISF Stenographer Recruitment 2019 notification releasing today
- Technology Most Trending Smartphones Of Last Week: iPhone 11 Pro Max, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Galaxy A50, Nokia 7.2 A
- Movies Ranveer Singh Is Deepika Padukone’s ‘Trashcan’ According To The Hilarious Meme She Posted!
- Sports PKL 2019: Dabang Delhi consolidate their position on top of the table following their win over Telugu Titans
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Look Is Pretty Simple To Ace
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance 5 Export Business Ideas In India
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki launched the new Ertiga MPV in the Indian market recently. The new Maruti Ertiga MPV is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh, ex-showroom. The new Maruti Ertiga rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova, Mahindra Marazzo and Tata Hexa in the Indian market.
Now, Maruti Suzuki has reported that the Ertiga MPV has recorded its highest sales ever. The popular MPV in the Indian market has recorded sales of 8,955 units in the month of March 2019. This is a massive 76 percent increase compared to the same month the previous year.
The new Maruti Ertiga comes with a completely new design, offering a more upmarket feel. It also comes packed with a host of features and equipment, making it a far more attractive offering than the previous generation model.
With the 76 percent increase in sales, the Maruti Ertiga has become the top-selling product in the Indian MPV segment. The seven-seater offering from the country's largest passenger car manufacturer, has overtaken its competition to lead the charts for the month of March 2019.
The Toyota Innova Crysta which is one of its main rivals has managed to record 6,984 units of sales in March. This is hardly a one percent increase from March 2018 when it recorded 6,952 units of sales.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV, also launched recently also failed to create the same impact as the Maruti Ertiga in the Indian MPV segment; recording just 2,751 units of sales in the previous months.
|Rank||Model||Mar-19||Mar-18||Diff % |
|1||Maruti Ertiga ||8,955 ||5,086 ||76.07 |
|2||Mahindra Bolero ||8,019 ||9,104 ||-11.92 |
|3||Toyota Innova ||6,984 ||6,952 ||0.46 |
|4||Mahindra Marazzo ||2,751 ||NA ||NA |
|5||Mahindra Xylo ||402 ||811 ||-50.43 |
|6 ||Tata Hexa ||366 ||1,404 ||-73.93 |
|7 ||Datsun Go+ ||291 ||663 ||-56.11 |
|8 ||Tata Sumo ||96 ||809 ||-88.13 |
|9 ||Renault Lodgy ||54 ||202 ||-73.27 |
The new Maruti Ertiga is powered by both a petrol and diesel engine option. This includes the new 1.5-litre petrol engine and the old tried and tested 1.3-litre diesel unit. The diesel engine on the Maruti Ertiga, however, will soon be replaced by the new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine which recently made its debut on the Ciaz sedan.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ertiga Sales In March 2019
Maruti Ertiga has always been a popular offering in the Indian MPV segment. However, with the launch of the all new Ertiga MPV, Maruti Suzuki has taken away the lead from its competitors in the segment. It will be interesting to see how Toyota and Mahindra will react to the sales in the coming months.