- 19 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 38 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 41 min ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Movies Pailwaan Revised Release Date Afloat On Internet; Here's When The Sudeep Starrer Will Grace Theatres
- Sports England cricketers to sport names, numbers on Test jerseys: This is how Twitterati react to change in tradition
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- News Centre has rejects proposal to grant statehood to Puducherry
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Maruti Suzuki launched their all-new Ertiga MPV in the Indian market a few months ago. The new Maruti Ertiga comes with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh. Now, Maruti dealers across the country are offering massive discounts of up to Rs 1.08 lakh on the previous-generation Ertiga MPV in the Indian market.
The old Ertiga model was launched back in 2012 and was the first MPV product from Maruti Suzuki. Now with the launch of the new-generation Ertiga, Autocar India reports that Maruti dealers are offering massive discounts in order to clear stocks.
Maruti Suzuki is offering discounts up to Rs 1.08 lakh on the diesel variants of the first-generation Ertiga, depending on the inventory. The petrol variants, powered by the old 1.4-litre engines are offered with discounts and benefits up to Rs 53,000. The CNG models, on the other hand, get a smaller discount of up to Rs 28,000.
The new Maruti Ertiga MPV was introduced with a completely new design and a host of additional features, compared to the old model - check out the differences between the two models here.
The new Ertiga now comes with a more powerful 1.5-litre petrol engine, which first debuted on the Ciaz sedan. The new petrol engine churns out 105bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
The diesel power unit on the new Ertiga is the same 1.3-litre engine producing 90bhp and 200Nm of torque. However, Maruti is currently working on a new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine which will replace the old 1.3-litre unit soon. The new 1.5-litre will first debut on the Ciaz, before being introduced on the new Ertiga MPV.
Maruti Suzuki is also said to be working on a new six-seater premium version of the Ertiga MPV. The new luxurious 6-seater Ertiga is expected to be launched in a few weeks time and will come with an affordable price tag as well.
Apart from the introduction of the six-seater premium Ertiga MPV, Maruti Suzuki is also planning to launch its new Baleno facelift in the Indian market. The Bookings for the Baleno facelift has already started for an amount of Rs 11,000.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Discounts
Maruti Suzuki dealers are offering these heavy discounts, in a bid to sell off the last remaining stocks of the old-generation model. The new Ertiga MPV has been received extremely well in the market and rivals the likes of the Mahindra Marazzo, Renault Lodgy and the Toyota Innova Crysta.