- 6 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 7 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 12 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Maruti Suzuki updated their Ciaz sedan in the Indian market last August. The new mid-cycle facelift version of the Maruti Ciaz featured a number of cosmetic updates, along with the addition of the brand new 1.5-litre petrol engine as well.
Now, fresh spy pics of the Ciaz showcase Maruti Suzuki testing out its new 1.5-litre diesel engine, along with a new six-speed manual gearbox as well. The company had already confirmed the plans for the new diesel engine a while back, while also stating that the Ciaz will be the first product to debut the new engine unit.
The new 1.5-litre diesel engine unit will be sold alongside the current tried and tested Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre multijet engine. However, once the stringent emission norms are implemented from April 2020, the older 1.3-litre unit will be discontinued, leaving just the new diesel unit on sale.
The new 1.5-litre (1,498cc) four-cylinder DDiS225 diesel unit is said to produce 95bhp and 225Nm of peak torque. The new engine is also said to be more efficient and smoother than the old unit, although the 1.5-litre unit will miss out on Maruti's SHVS mild-hybrid technology.
The new engine will be lighter and feature a dual mass flywheel, which will offer lesser vibrations while also providing reduced NVH level. The new engine also claims to offer a smoother ride along with a quieter cabin.
Apart from the new diesel unit, the spy pics of the Ciaz showcased the sedan with a new six-speed manual gearbox as well. The spy images clearly show six gears with the reverse moved across with a lift-lock mechanism.
Apart from the Ciaz, Maruti Suzuki has also confirmed that the new diesel engine will also make its way onto the recently launched new Ertiga MPV. The new Maruti Ertiga is now powered by the 1.3-litre diesel unit, which will soon be replaced. The MPV offering from Maruti Suzuki might also get the new six-speed manual gearbox, alongside the new diesel engine as well.
Thoughts On the New Maruti Diesel Engine And Manual Gearbox On The Ciaz
Maruti Suzuki had confirmed quite a while back that they are planning to replace the ageing 1.3-litre diesel unit, with the new and larger powertrain. The new diesel engine has been spotted testing on Indian roads; both on the Ciaz and the Ertiga on multiple occasions. Maruti will first debut the new engine and gearbox on the Ciaz, followed by which the Ertiga MPV will be updated as well.
Image Courtesy: GaadiWaadi