- 2 hrs ago Tata Altroz Premium Hatchback Teased Ahead Of Its July Debut
- 5 hrs ago BMW X7 India-Launch Date Confirmed — The First-Ever 7-Seater Beemer Will Soon Be Available In India
- 5 hrs ago Government Gives Manufacturers Just 14 Days To Come Up With Roadmap For EV Development
- 6 hrs ago New Kia Seltos Video Released With Tiger Shroff As Brand Ambassador — Watch The Video Here!
- News Death anniversary of Maharaja Ranjit Singh: Pakistan issues visas to 463 Indian Sikh Pilgrims
- Sports Tennis legend Boris Becker auctions trophies to pay off debts
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- Technology How To Travel With Drone To A New Country – All You Need To Know
- Movies Nagarjuna's Past Comments About Bigg Boss Telugu Haunt Him Big Time; Deets Inside!
- Finance IT Dept Issued Refunds Worth Rs 64,700 Cr From April To 18 June 2019
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki has already confirmed that they will introduce a brand-new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine for the Indian market. The new bigger diesel engine was confirmed to debut on the Ciaz sedan.
Now, according to Team-BHP, the newly developed diesel engine will soon make its way onto the new Maruti Ertiga MPV. The brand will introduce the 1.5-litre diesel engine on the Ertiga soon, offering more power and torque outputs to the recently updated MPV.
According to the reports, all essential documents have already been sent to RTOs to get permits for registration. Deliveries of the Ertiga MPV with the new engines from the factory will begin shortly.
Maruti Suzuki introduced the new Ertiga MPV in the Indian market late last year. Since then, the Ertiga has fared well in the market, creating a good demand due to its fresh styling and a long list of features.
Currently, the new Maruti Ertiga comes with the tried and tested 1.3-litre diesel offering sourced from Fiat. The current engine produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The new diesel engine, on the other hand, will produce 94bhp and 225Nm of torque. The engine once introduced on the new Maruti Ertiga will also be mated to a new six-speed gearbox. The addition of the new engine and transmission will help reduce the overall kerb weight of the MPV. Currently the top-spec diesel variant 'ZDi+' weighs 1,245kg, however, the new engine will bring down this weight to around 1,220kg.
The current 1.3-litre diesel unit has been sourced from Fiat, who are planning on exiting completely from India. The diesel engine will be replaced once the new BS-VI norms come into effect. However, the initial set of 1.5-litre units will still be BS-IV compliant, which means that they will be updated again ahead of the April 2020 deadline.
Thoughts On The New Diesel Engine For The Maruti Ertiga MPV
The new diesel engine from Maruti Suzuki has been developed in-house mainly to comply with the upcoming BS-VI norms. The older 1.3-litre unit had become old, making it expensive to upgrade to the new norms. The new engine which will first debut on the Ciaz will soon be available on the Ertiga as well.