- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 21 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News After election debacle in Bihar, Lalu Yadav skipping lunch due to anxiety
- Sports NBA Playoffs: Raptors defeat Bucks to earn first ever Finals berth
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Mahindra XUV300 has overtaken the Tata Nexon in terms of sales. The XUV300 has done exactly what Mahindra intended it to do — be competitive. This also shows an excellent growth figure by the compact SUV from Mahindra that was launched in February 2019.
Just a couple of months since its launch, the Mahindra XUV300 has taken the number 2 spot and has surpassed the Tata Nexon. This is also the first time that the Tata Nexon has slipped below the second position in the list of top-selling SUVs in India. The Tata Nexon was first showcased at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in its concept avatar.
A few years later, in 2017, Tata Motors launched the Nexon and it quickly dethroned the Ford EcoSport and took the second position in the list. The compact SUV offering from Tata Motors stuck to that position ever since, only to be dethroned now by the Mahindra XUV300.
The Mahindra XUV300 is loosely based on the Ssangyong Tivoli and features several changes specific to the Indian market. It came with a modern design that won hearts, and it also came with the robust nature that Mahindra SUVs are known for.
Buyers immediately fell for the new kid on the block and there has been no looking back ever since. Mahindra sold 4,484 units of the XUV300 in February, 4,742 units in March and 4,200 units in April. Though, there was a decline in April's sales when compared to February and March, the XUV300 still sold more than the Tata Nexon.
The Tata Nexon has seen a sharp decline in sales. In February, Tata Motors sold 5,263 units of the Nexon and the number rose marginally to 5,616 units in March. But it saw a drastic drop in April as it sold only 3,976 units. Going by these figures, it is obvious that the Mahindra XUV300 is eating into the sales of the Tata Nexon.
This is despite the fact that the Tata Nexon is available with an AMT transmission for both petrol and diesel engines while the XUV300 is only available with a manual transmission. This however, is soon set to change with the launch of the Mahindra XUV300 AMT. The XUV300 is available in petrol and diesel variants.
The petrol variant is powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine with a maximum power output of 110bhp and a peak torque output of 200Nm. The diesel variant is powered by a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel engine with a maximum power output of 115bhp and a peak torque output of 300Nm. Both engines are mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Mahindra will also launch an electric version of the XUV300 that is expected to offer a range between 200-400 kilometres.
Thoughts On Mahindra XUV300 Overtakes Tata Nexon; Becomes Second Best-Selling Compact SUV
Competition in the compact SUV segment is hotter than ever before and it is only going to become crazier. The Mahindra XUV300 has proven itself as a worthy competitor, but it still does not come close to the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza that has been the segment leader ever since its launch.
While Mahindra will continue to gun at the Vitara Brezza for the top spot, Hyundai will also enter the segment with the Venue. The Hyundai Venue received 2,000 bookings on the very first day of bookings being opened to the public. The SUV will be launched later this month, and increase competition in the segment.