- 2 min ago Ford Recalls The Endeavour SUV In India — Voluntary Inspection Of Faulty Airbag Inflators
- 27 min ago Protean Can Help You Pull Off Donuts In The Same Spot: Here’s How
- 12 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 17 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- News Chandrayaan 2 Launch: New Time, Date and where to watch LIVE?
- Sports TNPL 2019: Karaikudi Kaalai vs Trichi Warriors: Preview, where to watch, timing, head to head, probable XI
- Finance Over 2.69 Lakh Farmers Did Not Receive Benefits Of PM-KISAN Scheme
- Movies Arjun Rampal's GF Gabriella Demetriades Shares A Photo Of Him Holding Their Newborn Son In His Arms
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Technology Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Price Slashed By Up To Rs. 1,500
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
The Mahindra XUV300 has overtaken the Tata Nexon in terms of sales. The XUV300 has done exactly what Mahindra intended it to do — be competitive. This also shows an excellent growth figure by the compact SUV from Mahindra that was launched in February 2019.
Just a couple of months since its launch, the Mahindra XUV300 has taken the number 2 spot and has surpassed the Tata Nexon. This is also the first time that the Tata Nexon has slipped below the second position in the list of top-selling SUVs in India. The Tata Nexon was first showcased at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in its concept avatar.
A few years later, in 2017, Tata Motors launched the Nexon and it quickly dethroned the Ford EcoSport and took the second position in the list. The compact SUV offering from Tata Motors stuck to that position ever since, only to be dethroned now by the Mahindra XUV300.
The Mahindra XUV300 is loosely based on the Ssangyong Tivoli and features several changes specific to the Indian market. It came with a modern design that won hearts, and it also came with the robust nature that Mahindra SUVs are known for.
Buyers immediately fell for the new kid on the block and there has been no looking back ever since. Mahindra sold 4,484 units of the XUV300 in February, 4,742 units in March and 4,200 units in April. Though, there was a decline in April's sales when compared to February and March, the XUV300 still sold more than the Tata Nexon.
The Tata Nexon has seen a sharp decline in sales. In February, Tata Motors sold 5,263 units of the Nexon and the number rose marginally to 5,616 units in March. But it saw a drastic drop in April as it sold only 3,976 units. Going by these figures, it is obvious that the Mahindra XUV300 is eating into the sales of the Tata Nexon.
This is despite the fact that the Tata Nexon is available with an AMT transmission for both petrol and diesel engines while the XUV300 is only available with a manual transmission. This however, is soon set to change with the launch of the Mahindra XUV300 AMT. The XUV300 is available in petrol and diesel variants.
The petrol variant is powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine with a maximum power output of 110bhp and a peak torque output of 200Nm. The diesel variant is powered by a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel engine with a maximum power output of 115bhp and a peak torque output of 300Nm. Both engines are mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Mahindra will also launch an electric version of the XUV300 that is expected to offer a range between 200-400 kilometres.
Thoughts On Mahindra XUV300 Overtakes Tata Nexon; Becomes Second Best-Selling Compact SUV
Competition in the compact SUV segment is hotter than ever before and it is only going to become crazier. The Mahindra XUV300 has proven itself as a worthy competitor, but it still does not come close to the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza that has been the segment leader ever since its launch.
While Mahindra will continue to gun at the Vitara Brezza for the top spot, Hyundai will also enter the segment with the Venue. The Hyundai Venue received 2,000 bookings on the very first day of bookings being opened to the public. The SUV will be launched later this month, and increase competition in the segment.