- 6 hrs ago Ackodrive Moves Its Sales Completely Online Amidst Lockdown
- 7 hrs ago Toyota To Hike Prices Of Vellfire & Camry Hybrid Models In India From July: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago TVS Ntorq 125 BS6 Prices Increase Marginally Across All Variants: Here Are The New Prices
- 8 hrs ago Ashok Leyland Introduces AVTR Modular Truck Platform Along With BS6 Compliant Engines
- Movies Bollywood Producer Anil Suri Passes Away Due To COVID-19; Was Denied Bed In Top Hospital
- News UN report on terrorism reiterates what Pak PM publicly 'confessed': India
- Sports Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, Jasprit Bumrah feature in Aaron Finch's all-time India-Australia combined XI; Rohit ignored
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Vs Other Smartphones Under Rs. 25,000
- Lifestyle Arranged Marriage Problems? Here Are Solution To These 7 Issues That You May Face
- Finance L&T Q4 Net Profit Falls 6.5%; Announces Rs 8/Share Dividend
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
Hyundai seems like it is ready to shake the balance in the compact SUV segment, a segment currently dominated by the Maruti Suzuki Brezza, the Tata Nexon, the Mahindra XUV 300 and the Ford EcoSport. Official bookings started yesterday, both online and physically. Hyundai says they have already received 2,000 bookings as is. That is roughly 84 Hyundai Venue' booked every hour, on day 1.
Mr. Vikas Jain, National Sales Head, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, "We are overwhelmed with the enthusiastic response received from our SUV loving Customers. The Day one response is a record booking for an SUV, with an average of 84 VENUE every hour. We are receiving customer enquiries at all our touch points across India as VENUE tops Vehicle Preference Chart in Design, Power, Transmission and Connectivity. Further, the notable traction on Online booking is coming from Semi-urban areas due to strong telecom infrastructure. This showcases emergence of new era of connected mobility solutions and acceptance of technology in day-to-day life."
Hyundai revealed that the Venue will be made available in four trims - the E, the S, the SX, and the SX(O). With two petrol and one diesel engine, the Venue will be available in a total of 13 variants. Petrol variants will feature a 1.2-litre Kappa engine that produces 81bhp of power and 114Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
The diesel variants will feature a 1.4-litre U2 CRDi engine that produces 89bhp of power and 219Nm of torque. This engine is also featured on the Hyundai Verna. The engine will come mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
A second petrol option will feature a 1.0-litre Kappa turbo-charged GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) engine the produces 118bhp of power and 171Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a segment-first 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. The GDI engine will be available only on the S and the SX+ trims.
The Hyundai Venue will be available in seven single-tone colours and three dual-tone colours. The single tone colour options include Star Dust, Polar White, Fiery Red, Deep Forest, Lava Orange, Typhoon Silver, and Denim Blue.
The dual-tone colour schemes available are Denim Blue with a Polar White roof, Polar White with a Phantom Black roof, and, Lava Orange with a Phantom Black Roof. The dual colour options are available in the 1.0-litre SX, and the 1.4-litre SX variants.
The Hyundai Venue will be India's first fully connected car. Connectivity will be powered by Hyundai's proprietary BlueLink technology. Featuring an embedded e-SIM, users can access various features such as remote vehicle tracking, engine start-stop, door lock/unlock, geo-fencing, speed alerts, vehicle health and diagnostics, etc. Other key features include reverse parking camera and sensors, side airbags, sunroof, ventilated seats, high-speed warning, and disc brakes on all four wheels.
While information about pricing will be available closer to launch, we expect the Hyundai Venue to be priced between Rs 8 lakh and Rs 13 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The 2,000 Bookings Received For The Hyundai Venue
Wow! Brilliant booking numbers to open to, and we're just talking day 1. The Venue does look it will take over the compact SUV segment in no time at all. The folks at Hyundai must be real happy with the numbers so far. We shall keep you, the reader, apprised of further developments and increases in the booking numbers.