- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports Cricket World Cup 2019: Vijay Shankar reacts to Ambati Rayudu's 3D tweet jibe
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Makes A Bold Decision, Will It Work Wonders For Her Career?
- News AirAsia flight makes emergency landing at Kolkata airport after threat call
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Hyundai seems like it is ready to shake the balance in the compact SUV segment, a segment currently dominated by the Maruti Suzuki Brezza, the Tata Nexon, the Mahindra XUV 300 and the Ford EcoSport. Official bookings started yesterday, both online and physically. Hyundai says they have already received 2,000 bookings as is. That is roughly 84 Hyundai Venue' booked every hour, on day 1.
Mr. Vikas Jain, National Sales Head, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, "We are overwhelmed with the enthusiastic response received from our SUV loving Customers. The Day one response is a record booking for an SUV, with an average of 84 VENUE every hour. We are receiving customer enquiries at all our touch points across India as VENUE tops Vehicle Preference Chart in Design, Power, Transmission and Connectivity. Further, the notable traction on Online booking is coming from Semi-urban areas due to strong telecom infrastructure. This showcases emergence of new era of connected mobility solutions and acceptance of technology in day-to-day life."
Hyundai revealed that the Venue will be made available in four trims - the E, the S, the SX, and the SX(O). With two petrol and one diesel engine, the Venue will be available in a total of 13 variants. Petrol variants will feature a 1.2-litre Kappa engine that produces 81bhp of power and 114Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
The diesel variants will feature a 1.4-litre U2 CRDi engine that produces 89bhp of power and 219Nm of torque. This engine is also featured on the Hyundai Verna. The engine will come mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
A second petrol option will feature a 1.0-litre Kappa turbo-charged GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) engine the produces 118bhp of power and 171Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a segment-first 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. The GDI engine will be available only on the S and the SX+ trims.
The Hyundai Venue will be available in seven single-tone colours and three dual-tone colours. The single tone colour options include Star Dust, Polar White, Fiery Red, Deep Forest, Lava Orange, Typhoon Silver, and Denim Blue.
The dual-tone colour schemes available are Denim Blue with a Polar White roof, Polar White with a Phantom Black roof, and, Lava Orange with a Phantom Black Roof. The dual colour options are available in the 1.0-litre SX, and the 1.4-litre SX variants.
The Hyundai Venue will be India's first fully connected car. Connectivity will be powered by Hyundai's proprietary BlueLink technology. Featuring an embedded e-SIM, users can access various features such as remote vehicle tracking, engine start-stop, door lock/unlock, geo-fencing, speed alerts, vehicle health and diagnostics, etc. Other key features include reverse parking camera and sensors, side airbags, sunroof, ventilated seats, high-speed warning, and disc brakes on all four wheels.
While information about pricing will be available closer to launch, we expect the Hyundai Venue to be priced between Rs 8 lakh and Rs 13 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The 2,000 Bookings Received For The Hyundai Venue
Wow! Brilliant booking numbers to open to, and we're just talking day 1. The Venue does look it will take over the compact SUV segment in no time at all. The folks at Hyundai must be real happy with the numbers so far. We shall keep you, the reader, apprised of further developments and increases in the booking numbers.