- 4 hrs ago Independence Day: Official State Car Of The President Of India Is A Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 6 hrs ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 6 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- Sports Just because there is SOP, I won't lock myself in room: Arun Lal
- Movies Naagin 4 Fame Jasmin Bhasin Says She Wants To Try More Comedy After Working With Bharti Singh
- News No compromise on territorial integrity: India to China during 5th round of military talks
- Finance How To Pick The Right Gold Investment?
- Technology Meet Dodo Drop App, An Alternative To Chinese File-Sharing Apps
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Mahindra XUV300 was launched in the Indian market recently. The latest sub-four metre SUV offering from Mahindra came with a starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India). However, Mahindra introduced the XUV300 with just a manual transmission for both its engine options. Although, they did confirm that an AMT is in the works.
Now, the Mahindra XUV300 AMT has been spied testing for the first time in the country, ahead of its launch in the coming months. The spy pics of the Mahindra XUV300 AMT was spotted on the streets of Mumbai, just a day after the launch of the SUV.
The Mahindra XUV300 is available with two engine options — 1.2-litre turbo petrol and 1.5-litre diesel units. The 1.2-litre turbo petrol produces 110bhp and 200Nm of torque. The 1.5-litre diesel, on the other hand, is the same engine as seen on the Mahindra Marazzo. This engine churns out 121bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. Both engines are currently mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The XUV300 is further available in a range of four variants: W4, W6, W8 and W8 OPT. The car spotted with the AMT unit comes can be seen with leatherette interiors, dual-tone cabin and dual-tone alloy wheels, indicating it is the top-spec 'W8' variant.
Hence, we can expect the AMT to be available only for the top-spec variant. The lower-spec models might continue to get just the manual transmission. The upcoming AMT unit on the Mahindra XUV300 is also said to be sourced from Italian automotive component manufacturer, Magnetti-Marelli.
In terms of pricing, the Mahindra XUV300 AMT is expected to be priced slightly above the Rs 9 lakh mark. This makes it more expensive than some of its competitors in the market. Mahindra has delayed the launch of the AMT, to first gauge the response of the XUV300 in the market. They expect the demand for the SUV to surge once the AMT unit is introduced.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV300 AMT Spy Pics
Once the Mahindra XUV300 AMT is launched in India, it will rival the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza AMT and the Tata Nexon AMT. Similar to the Nexon, the AMT unit on the XUV300 is expected to be introduced on both the petrol and diesel engines.
Image Courtesy: Ashwin Rajwade/Twitter