- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 19 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 20 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Finance Poor Returns From Small Cap Mutual Funds: What Should Investors Do?
- Movies Kadaram Kondan Movie Review: Chiyaan Vikram Is The Real Conquerer Of This Action Entertainer!
- Technology Oppo K3 With Pop-Up Selfie Camera India Launch Set For Today At 6PM
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
- News 'Sasural Simar Ka' child actor Shivlekh Singh passes away
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Mahindra has scheduled the launch of its much-awaited SUV, the XUV 300 in the Indian market on the 14th of February. With bookings already open for an amount of 20,000, deliveries are expected to begin soon after its launch in India.
UPDATE: Mahindra Automotive has launched the XUV300 at a compelling starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh ex-showroom (India) — click here to know all the details (including variant-wise pricing).
Ahead of its launch, Autocar India has revealed the official mileage figures for the upcoming Mahindra XUV 300 in the Indian market. The XUV 300 claims to return an ARAI certified fuel efficiency figure of 17km/l for the petrol variant and 20km/l for the diesel variant.
The Mahindra XUV 300 will be powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine producing 121bhp and 320Nm of torque. This is the same engine powering the Mahindra Marazzo MPV in the brand's Indian lineup.
Among all its rivals, the diesel variant of the XUV 300 returns the least mileage of 20km/l. However, it does produces the maximum power and torque output than its rivals.
The turbo-petrol engine on the XUV 300, on the other hand, offers the best mileage figure among its competitors. Although, exact power and torque specifications of the petrol engine are yet to be announced by Mahindra.
Mahindra has already commenced bookings for the new XUV 300 online. The SUV can be booked for an amount of Rs 20,000 either online or through the Mahindra dealerships across the country. Deliveries of the Mahindra XUV 300 will begin soon after its launch.
The company also recently released a new video of the XUV300. The new video showcased all the safety features available on the Mahindra XUV 300. This included some segment-first and best-in-class features such as seven-airbags, disc brake on all four wheels, ESP and Hill-Hold Assist among others — Watch the video here.
To recap, the Mahindra XUV 300 will be available in four basic trims: W4, W6, W8 and W8 OPT. These trims will be available with both petrol and diesel engine options. Both engines will come mated to a standard manual gearbox. Mahindra is said to be working on an automatic transmission, which is expected to be introduced at a later stage.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV 300
The Mahindra XUV 300 scheduled to launch on the 14th of February this year, is expected to be priced around the Rs 8 - 12 lakh, ex-showroom range. Once launched in India, the Mahindra XUV 300 will rival the likes of the Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and the Hyundai Creta.