- 1 hr ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 2 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Sports PKL 2019: UP Yoddha notch comfortable win over league leaders Jaipur Pink Panthers
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 11 Premiere: Live Updates
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Kia Motors is all set to introduce its first product in the Indian market, the Seltos SUV. The Kia Seltos has already gained a lot of attention even before its launch in the market and is one of the most awaited product launches currently.
Now, Kia Motors have confirmed that bookings for the Kia Seltos will start from the 16th of July. The Kia Seltos bookings can be done either online through the company's official website or through the 206 sales points across varies cities in the country.
Kia Motors is currently setting up 265 touch points spread across 160 cities in the country — here is the city-wise dealer list. The Kia Seltos can be booked from the 16th of July for an amount of Rs 25,000. Kia Motors has also confirmed that the Seltos will go on sale in the Indian market from the 22nd of August.
The Seltos SUV is one of the most awaited SUVs in the country. The Kia Seltos was globally premiered in Delhi recently and comes with impressive styling, host of features and a very imposing stance.
Manohar Bhat, VP & Head, Sales and Marketing, Kia Motors India stated,
"The Kia Seltos has been built from ground-up, keeping Indian customers in mind and is equipped to redefine the segment. I am proud of the hard work and dedication put in by all our team in the development of the Seltos, and that has paid off in the way the car has come about to be. We are confident that the customers will be equally delighted by the specifications combination and our wide-spread network of 265 touchpoints in 160 cities that will instil confidence and recognition of the brand. We can't wait for India to experience the stylish Seltos."
The Kia Seltos will be available in two trims: GT-Line and Tech-Line; both featuring a host of features, including a number of segment-first equipment as well.
Both trims will further be available with a choice of three engine options: Smartstream 1.5-litre petrol, 1.5-litre diesel CRDi VGT and a Smartstream 1.4-litre turbo-petrol offerings. All three engines are said to compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms as well.
Along with the three engine options, the Kia Seltos will also be available with a choice of four transmissions: 6-speed manual, 6-speed AT, 6-speed IVT and a 7-speed DCT. The Kia Seltos will also come with modes to further enhance the driving experience. These include three driving and three traction modes; the driving modes on the Seltos: Sport, Normal & Eco. Likewise, the traction modes on the SUV include Mud, Snow/Wet and Sand.
According to the Korean brand, the Seltos will be manufactured in the country at its new plant in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
The SUV has been developed keeping the Indian customers in mind, hence there are a number of features to suit the Indian buyers specifically. This includes a louder horn, fast-cooling AC, best-in-class 20 - 80km/h performance, clutch-effort reduction and enhanced braking among others.
Apart from these, the Kia Seltos is also equipped with a host of other features and equipment. Some of the features on the Seltos SUV: LED lighting all-around (headlamps, tail lights, fog lamps & DRLs), 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, Kia's proprietary UVO Connect system with 37 in-built functionalities, ventilated front seats, 8-inch heads-up display, Smart Pure Air Purifier, 2-step reclining rear seats, 60:40 split rear seats, VSM (Vehicle Stability Management), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), HAC (Hill-Assist Control), ABS, EBD, BAS (Brake Force Assist System), six-sirbags, ISOFIX child-seat mounts; a plenty more.
Further to this, the Kia Seltos will also be available in a range of eight single-tone colours and five dual-tone paint schemes.
The single-tone colours on the Kia Seltos:
- Intense Red
- Aurora Black Pearl
- Glacier White Pearl
- Punchy Orange
- Intelligency Blue
- Gravity Gray
- Steel Silver
- Clear White
The five dual-tone paint schemes on the Seltos SUV:
- Intense Red with Aurora Black Pearl
- Steel Silver with Aurora Black Pearl
- Glacier White Pearl with Aurora Black Pearl
- Steel Silver with punchy Orange
- Glacier White Pearl with Punchy Orange
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Booking & Launch Dates
Kia Motors have left no stone unturned to make the best first impression in the Indian market. The Kia Seltos comes packed with a host of features, equipments and a wide range of options to choose from. Pricing for the Seltos will be announced at the time of launch, while the SUV will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500, Jeep Compass, MG Hector & the Tata Harrier in the market.