- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News BJP govt times surgical strikes with elections: Congress' Akhilesh Singh
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Rohit Sharma breaks Don Bradman's 71-year-old record; Umesh Yadav scores fastest Test 30
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Jeep India is set to introduce a facelift version of their Compass SUV in the Indian market. The new 2020 Jeep Compass facelift will come with a number of minor cosmetic updates, along with a brand new engine.
According to CarDekho, the new Jeep Compass facelift is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime early next year. Jeep wanting to position their products as a premium option is expected to add a host of features and equipment on the facelift model, which will also justify its higher pricing compared to its rivals.
According to reports, the new Jeep Compass facelift will also offer minor cosmetic updates to the exterior of the SUV. The interiors will also get certain updates, including additional features such as ventilated seats, 360-degree camera, e-sim embedded connectivity technology, larger touchscreen infotainment system and a powered tailgate; among a host of others.
However, the most important update on the 2020 Jeep Compass SUV will be the addition of the new 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine option. The new petrol engine is expected to replace the ageing 1.4-litre MultiJet petrol. The new petrol engine, called the 1.3-litre FireFly turbo-petrol will be BS-VI compliant and is expected to be introduced sometime by end-2019 on the pre-facelift model.
The new turbo-petrol engine will be offered in two state-of-tune; 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and 180bhp and 270Nm of torque. Jeep will also introduce the new nine-speed automatic on the 180bhp variant, while the lower 150bhp tuned trim will continue to be offered with the six-speed DCT.
In terms of the diesel option, Jeep will continue with the 2.0-litre unit, which has already received the BS6 update for its newest variant, the Trailhawk. This BS-VI engine will make its way onto the more affordable Compass models as well. The diesel BS-VI engine produces the same 173bhp and 350Nm of torque as on the current BS-IV engine. The nine-speed automatic will make its way onto the lower 4x2 diesel trims as well.
Jeep has already begun testing out the BS-VI compliant engines on the lower 4x4 variants of the Jeep Compass. The lower variants have been spied testing recently, with the BS6 engine and nine-speed automatic — here are the details.
Apart from the update to the Jeep Compass SUV, the brand has also confirmed a new flagship seven-seater SUV for the Indian market. The new seven-seater SUV from Jeep will be based on the Compass SUV and is scheduled to launch in either late-2020 or early-2021.
Thoughts On The 2020 Jeep Compass Facelift
Jeep launched the Compass SUV back in 2017 and since then, the SUV has done extremely well for the brand in India. However, with competition growing, Jeep has realised the need to update their model in order to stay ahead of its competition. The new 2020 Jeep Compass is expected to do just that, however, the already costly SUV will become even costlier after the update.