- 24 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 25 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 42 min ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 2 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Sports Wriddhiman 3.0 ready to 'shoulder' responsibility as India A take on West Indies A
- Movies Taapsee Pannu Wishes She Gets To Play A Superhero In An Avengers Style Movie!
- News "Ready to quit happily": Kumaraswamy in an emotional speech in assembly
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Launched – Other Gaming Smartphones That Might Face The Heat
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
Jeep India is set to introduce a facelift version of their Compass SUV in the Indian market. The new 2020 Jeep Compass facelift will come with a number of minor cosmetic updates, along with a brand new engine.
According to CarDekho, the new Jeep Compass facelift is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime early next year. Jeep wanting to position their products as a premium option is expected to add a host of features and equipment on the facelift model, which will also justify its higher pricing compared to its rivals.
According to reports, the new Jeep Compass facelift will also offer minor cosmetic updates to the exterior of the SUV. The interiors will also get certain updates, including additional features such as ventilated seats, 360-degree camera, e-sim embedded connectivity technology, larger touchscreen infotainment system and a powered tailgate; among a host of others.
However, the most important update on the 2020 Jeep Compass SUV will be the addition of the new 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine option. The new petrol engine is expected to replace the ageing 1.4-litre MultiJet petrol. The new petrol engine, called the 1.3-litre FireFly turbo-petrol will be BS-VI compliant and is expected to be introduced sometime by end-2019 on the pre-facelift model.
The new turbo-petrol engine will be offered in two state-of-tune; 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and 180bhp and 270Nm of torque. Jeep will also introduce the new nine-speed automatic on the 180bhp variant, while the lower 150bhp tuned trim will continue to be offered with the six-speed DCT.
In terms of the diesel option, Jeep will continue with the 2.0-litre unit, which has already received the BS6 update for its newest variant, the Trailhawk. This BS-VI engine will make its way onto the more affordable Compass models as well. The diesel BS-VI engine produces the same 173bhp and 350Nm of torque as on the current BS-IV engine. The nine-speed automatic will make its way onto the lower 4x2 diesel trims as well.
Jeep has already begun testing out the BS-VI compliant engines on the lower 4x4 variants of the Jeep Compass. The lower variants have been spied testing recently, with the BS6 engine and nine-speed automatic — here are the details.
Apart from the update to the Jeep Compass SUV, the brand has also confirmed a new flagship seven-seater SUV for the Indian market. The new seven-seater SUV from Jeep will be based on the Compass SUV and is scheduled to launch in either late-2020 or early-2021.
Thoughts On The 2020 Jeep Compass Facelift
Jeep launched the Compass SUV back in 2017 and since then, the SUV has done extremely well for the brand in India. However, with competition growing, Jeep has realised the need to update their model in order to stay ahead of its competition. The new 2020 Jeep Compass is expected to do just that, however, the already costly SUV will become even costlier after the update.