- 2 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago CFMoto 250SR Expected To Launch In India By 2020
- Movies Urvashi Dholakia & Anuj Sachdev To Be Eliminated From Nach Baliye 9!
- Lifestyle Baking The Face: What Is It And The Right Way To Do it
- Sports Arjuna-winner Gill hopes becoming "certified by govt" will get motorsport recognition
- News NIA removes 3 officers probing terror funding case in which Hafiz Saeed is prime accused
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Technology Wonder How Earth Appears To Aliens? This Study Might Have The Answer
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The American-Italian carmaker, FCA (Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles) has confirmed a brand new seven-seater flagship SUV for the Indian market from the Jeep brand. The new seven-seater Jeep SUV is expected to be introduced in the market sometime in late 2020 or early 2021.
According to ET Auto, the new seven-seater Jeep SUV is said to be based on the popular Compass model in the Indian market. The new seven-seater Compass-based SUV will be manufactured locally at Jeep's plant in Ranjangaon, on the outskirts of Pune.
ET Auto reports that several people in the know, stated:
"The project has been approved and it will be an offspring of the all new Compass planned for 2020. With the launches of vehicles like Trailhawk, Compass and now the Grand Compass or Compass long, the company wants to reinforce Jeep's premium positioning in the market, before more accessible compact Jeep hits the market in the subsequent years."
Jeep introduced the Compass SUV, back in 2017 and since then has had a huge success in the Indian market. Over the past couple of years, Jeep has also introduced new variants of the Compass, with the latest being its most-off-road capable 'Trailhawk' variant.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk was launched in India recently and is priced at Rs 26.8 lakh, ex-showroom (India). We got a chance to test its off-roading capabilities recently and here is our detailed report.
Jeep also had plans to introduce a smaller model in the Indian market, with the Renegade. However, the plans had to be dropped as it did not align with the brand's plans for the country. Jeep is now said to be working on building the premiumness of the plan, with a focus on high margins rather than high volumes.
The new seven-seater Jeep Compass-based SUV will be part of that plan to make the brand a premium name in the country. The new seven-seater SUV will be positioned above the Compass and will be the new flagship model for Jeep in India.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Seven-Seater SUV
The new seven-seater Compass-based SUV from Jeep is still a long way from entering the Indian market. The SUV will be priced at a premium and is said to take on the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Mahindra Alturas G4 and the Honda CR-V in the Indian market.