- 2 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 200 4V BS-VI First Ride Review: Cleaner, Greener & Still A Thriller
- 2 days ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 4 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Prithvi Shaw slams 200 as Mumbai in total command against Baroda
- Lifestyle What Does Your Headache Reveal About Your Overall Health?
- Movies Rani Mukerji Says Her Character From Mardaani 2 Wouldn’t Fit In Rohit Shetty’s Cop Universe
- News Citizenship bill will benefit 1.5 cr people; 50pc are SC, STs: RSS
- Technology ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The American-Italian carmaker, FCA (Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles) has confirmed a brand new seven-seater flagship SUV for the Indian market from the Jeep brand. The new seven-seater Jeep SUV is expected to be introduced in the market sometime in late 2020 or early 2021.
According to ET Auto, the new seven-seater Jeep SUV is said to be based on the popular Compass model in the Indian market. The new seven-seater Compass-based SUV will be manufactured locally at Jeep's plant in Ranjangaon, on the outskirts of Pune.
ET Auto reports that several people in the know, stated:
"The project has been approved and it will be an offspring of the all new Compass planned for 2020. With the launches of vehicles like Trailhawk, Compass and now the Grand Compass or Compass long, the company wants to reinforce Jeep's premium positioning in the market, before more accessible compact Jeep hits the market in the subsequent years."
Jeep introduced the Compass SUV, back in 2017 and since then has had a huge success in the Indian market. Over the past couple of years, Jeep has also introduced new variants of the Compass, with the latest being its most-off-road capable 'Trailhawk' variant.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk was launched in India recently and is priced at Rs 26.8 lakh, ex-showroom (India). We got a chance to test its off-roading capabilities recently and here is our detailed report.
Jeep also had plans to introduce a smaller model in the Indian market, with the Renegade. However, the plans had to be dropped as it did not align with the brand's plans for the country. Jeep is now said to be working on building the premiumness of the plan, with a focus on high margins rather than high volumes.
The new seven-seater Jeep Compass-based SUV will be part of that plan to make the brand a premium name in the country. The new seven-seater SUV will be positioned above the Compass and will be the new flagship model for Jeep in India.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Seven-Seater SUV
The new seven-seater Compass-based SUV from Jeep is still a long way from entering the Indian market. The SUV will be priced at a premium and is said to take on the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Mahindra Alturas G4 and the Honda CR-V in the Indian market.