- 5 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer Range To Recieve New Colours: Teaser Released
- 9 hrs ago Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For August 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Take Top Honours
- Sports IPL 2020: DC vs CSK Match 7: Prithvi Shaw, Kagiso Rabada help Delhi Capitals vanquish Super Kings by 44 runs
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Movies Mohanlal Joins The Sets Of Drishyam 2: George Kutty To Get A New Look?
- News Indian delegate walks out of UN General Assembly hall as Imran Khan begins his speech
- Finance 7 Stocks That Moved The Most On September 25, 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A72 Tipped To Be In Works; Might Offer Penta-Lens Setup
- Lifestyle Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Hyundai India launched its first sub-4 metre compact-SUV in the Indian market, the Venue back in May 2019. The Hyundai Venue since then has become a popular offering with over 55,000 bookings and 18,000 deliveries.
Now, the Hyundai Venue has become the best-selling SUV in the country; a post previously held by the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The company has recorded sales of 9,585 units of the Venue SUV in the month of July 2019, overtaking the sales of the Maruti Vitara Brezza which recorded 5,302 units in the same month; a difference of over 4,000 units.
The Hyundai Venue is positioned between the Elite i20 and the Creta in the brand's Indian product lineup. It is the country's first ‘Connected Car' and is available with a starting price of Rs 6.50 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, which has been been topping the best-selling SUV list consistently for months, has dropped to third position. This is mainly due to the overall sales of the Indian brand, which is facing its worst-ever decline yet.
The top-2 slots have been occupied by Hyundai with the Venue and the Creta. The popular Hyundai Creta also beat the Vitara Brezza, by recording sales of 6,585 units; still 3,000 less than the Venue — here are the details.
The Hyundai Venue is the latest product in the compact-SUV segment, offering a host of features and equipment; something the relatively old Vitara Brezza misses out on. The Venue also comes with better engines, offering better performance and refinement; while the SUV also offers a more premium feel as well.
Also, of the total sales of the Hyundai Venue, 55 per cent have been received for the Blue-Link enabled variant, out of which 35 per cent have also opted for the DCT gearbox. This seven-speed dual-clutch automatic is available with just the new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of torque.
The Venue also offers two other engine options as well; 1.2-litre petrol borrowed from the Elite i20 and the 1.4-litre diesel borrowed from the Creta. Both these engines offer slightly less power output and come mated to a manual gearbox only, without any automatic transmission options.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue Sales Overtaking The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
The Hyundai Venue has been received extremely well in the Indian market. The Venue has already received 55,000 bookings, with 18,000 of them having been delivered. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, on the other hand, has been recording declining sales in the market over the past couple of months. It will be interesting to see how Maruti Suzuki respond to this sales overtake.