- 3 hrs ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 3 hrs ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 5 hrs ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 5 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls humble hosts Tamil Thalaivas
- News Watch: Modi visits historic Simtoka Dzong in Bhutan, offers prayers
- Movies Ananya Pandey Got 500 Rupees From ‘Pati Patni Aur Woh’ Director For Giving A Good Shot!
- Technology Browser Extensions For Online Security
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hyundai Venue has now become the best-selling model from the Korean brand in the Indian market. The Hyundai Venue sales has overtaken both the Creta SUV and the Elite i20 premium hatchback in the market in the month of July 2019.
The Hyundai Venue, a sub-4 metre compact SUV offering from the brand has registered sales of 9,585 units in the month of July 2019. It has overtaken both the Hyundai Creta and the Elite i20 which recorded 6,585 units and 9,012 units, respectively, during the same month.
According to Hyundai India, 55 per cent of the Hyundai Venue sales has come from the Blue-Link enabled variant. The company recently recorded 50,000 bookings for the compact-SUV, with 18,000 units having been delivered already.
Out of these 50,000 bookings, 35 per cent of the sales is said to come from the DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) option available on the SX+ variant of the Hyundai Venue. This transmission option is available only on the new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine offering. It produces 120bhp and 172Nm of torque.
The other engine options on the Hyundai Venue also include the 1.2-litre petrol churning out 83bhp and 114Nm of torque and the 1.4-litre diesel producing 89bhp and 220Nm of torque. While the 1.2-litre petrol is mated to a five-speed manual from the Elite i20, the diesel engine is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The Hyundai Venue is offered with a host of features and equipment as well. Some of them include wireless charging, ventilated seating for the front row, 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Blue-Link Connectivity, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and built-in navigation, steering-mounted controls, electrically-adjustable front seats, ABS with EBD, reverse parking camera, high-speed warning, seat-belt reminder and a host of others.
The Hyundai Venue is available with a starting price of Rs 6.50 lakh for the base-spec; with the top-end variant coming in at Rs 11.20 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India) — here is the variant break-up along with the feature list for each trim available.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue Sales In India For July 2019
The Hyundai Venue is now the best-selling model from the Korean brand in the Indian market. It is also the best-selling SUV from the brand in India, overtaking the popular Creta. Being part of the highly competitive compact-SUV segment, the Hyundai Venue rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon.