- 20 min ago Yamaha YZF R3 Records Zero Sales In May 2019 — Need To Rethink Pricing?
- 26 min ago New Hyundai Xcent Compact-Sedan Spied Testing — India-Launch Scheduled For 2020
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Seen Testing — Expected Launch Early 2020
- 1 hr ago Renault Confirms Plans Of New Compact-SUV For India — To Rival The Hyundai Venue
- Technology Most Trending Smartphones of Last Week – Galaxy A50, A70, Xiaomi Mi 9T, Motorola One Pro And More
- Movies Vanitha Vijayakumar And Sakshi Agarwal In A Verbal Fight? Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Promo Goes Viral
- News 1975 Emergency: PM Modi hails democracy as Opposition says 'super emergency' now
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Shakib Al Hasan: Has he already become the player of the tournament?
- Finance LIC Sells 2% Stake In Axis Bank And BHEL Each
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Now, since its launch in the Indian market, Hyundai Venue sales in India has already crossed 7,000 units in the month of May 2019. The company registered 7,049 units of sales of the compact-SUV in the month of May 2019, overtaking most of its competition.
The Hyundai Venue is now already the second best-selling compact-SUV in the Indian market after the Maruti Vitara Brezza. The sales of the Hyundai Venue has already overtaken the Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon and the Ford EcoSport — here is the comparison between the Hyundai Venue and its rivals.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza continues to maintain the top-slot in the compact-SUV segment. However with a 44 percent decline in sales in May 2019, it does come under the risk of losing out to the Hyundai Venue. Maruti recorded just 8,781 units of sales for the Vitara Brezza in May, which is just a little over 1000 units more than the Hyundai Venue.
The third-slot in the Compact-SUV segment is occupied by the Mahindra XUV300 which recorded 5,113 units during the same period. According to Hyundai, majority of the sales of the Venue is from the new 1.0-litre petrol-DCT powertrain available on the top-spec SX+ variant — here is the list of variants available on the Hyundai Venue, along with its features.
The Hyundai Venue is offered with a host of features and equipment, including a number of segment-firsts and best-in-class offerings. The Hyundai Venue also debut's the company's Blue Link Connectivity system; offering an additional 33 features to the car — here is everything you need to know about the Hyundai Venue.
The compact-SUV offering from the Korean brand is available in a range of three engine options: 1.2-litre petrol producing 83bhp and 115Nm of torque mated to a five-speed manual gearbox; a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 121bhp and 172Nm of torque and a 1.4-litre diesel engine churning out 89bhp and 220Nm of torque; both mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol also gets the optional seven-speed DCT automatic as well.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue Sales In India For May 2019
The Hyundai Venue was one of the most-anticipated models from the Korean brand in the Indian market. The SUV has already performed extremely well in the Indian market, receiving over 17,000 bookings since launch. With the rate of demand for the Venue in India, it will be interesting to whether the Maruti Vitara brezza will be de-throned in the compact-SUV segment.