- 1 hr ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 2 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Sports PKL 2019: UP Yoddha notch comfortable win over league leaders Jaipur Pink Panthers
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 11 Premiere: Live Updates
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hyundai India launched the Venue SUV in the market back in May 2019. The Hyundai Venue is the first sub-four metre compact-SUV offering from the Korean brand in the country. It is also the country's first 'Connected Car', available with a starting price of Rs 6.50 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now, Hyundai has announced that the Venue has registered over 50,000 units of bookings in the first 60 days since launch. This is said to be the fastest-ever 50,000 bookings for any car in the country. Also, Hyundai announced that they have already delivered over 18,000 units of the Venue, with 55 per cent of them being ‘Blue Link' enabled.
The Hyundai Venue is positioned between the Elite i20 and the Creta in the brand's India lineup. It has gained a lot of popularity since its launch in the country, even threatening to overthrow the segment-leader, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in terms of monthly sales.
The Hyundai Venue already overtook the sales of its elder sibling, the Hyundai Creta within the first month of its launch. The compact-SUV is now the second best-selling car from the brand after the Elite i20 premium hatchback.
Vikas Jain, National Sales Head, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. stated:
"The Hyundai Venue has been able to strike a chord with the iGen customers who seek future technology, Space, Comfort, Safety and Ergonomics with new-age style. We are extremely overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response and milestone created by VENUE with 50,000 bookings within sixty days of launch."
"We are glad that Indian customers have shown their faith in the Blue Link Connected Technology as out of the total Venue delivered so far, over 55% of the cars are Blue Link Enabled Variant. Out of the 50,000 bookings, over 35% of customers have preferred the Hyundai's in house Best in Segment -DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) Technology."
The Hyundai Venue is offered with a host of features, combined with highly competitive pricing. Features on the new Hyundai Venue: ventilated seats, LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED taillights, Blue-Link connectivity with 33 other exclusive functions (geofencing, voice assist, live vehicle tracking & more), dual airbags, ABS with EBD and a host of other class-leading equipment.
The Hyundai Venue is powered by three engine options: 1.2-litre NA petrol producing 83bhp and 114Nm of torque; mated to a five-speed manual. 1.0-litre turbo-petrol producing 120bhp and 172Nm of torque; mated to either a six-speed manual or seven-speed DCT.
There is also a 1.4-litre diesel engine churning out 89bhp and 220Nm of torque. It comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox as well, without any automatic transmission options — here is everything you need to know about the Hyundai Venue SUV.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue Bookings
The Hyundai Venue is one of the most popular products in the Indian market. Positioned in the compact-SUV segment, the Venue rivals the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and the Tata Nexon.