- 11 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- News Chandrayaan 2 launched: ISRO now sets eye on mission to study the Sun
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Hyundai India launched their first compact-SUV, the Venue in the market recently. The Hyundai Venue is offered with a price starting from Rs 6.50 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Since its launch in India, the Venue has gained a lot of popularity in the Indian market, quickly overtaking its competition in terms of sales.
After its first full month of sales, the Hyundai Venue has recorded 8,763 units of sales in the month of June 2019. This is said to be around 400 units more than the Hyundai Creta, which recorded 7,334 units of sales during the same period.
The Hyundai Creta is the most popular offering from the Korean brand in the Indian market, bringing in consistent sales to the brand. The Creta is also the best-selling product in the five-seater SUV segment, rivalling the likes of the Mahindra XUV500, Tata Harrier, MG Hector and the Nissan Kicks.
The Hyundai Venue is now the second best-selling product from the brand in India, after the Elite i20 premium hatchback. The Hyundai Venue is offered with a host of new features and equipment while also offering the company's latest design language.
It comes with a host of segment-first and best-in-class features including ventilated seats, multiple airbags, automatic climate control, Hyundai's Blue Link Connected technology, electric sunroof and a host of others.
The Hyundai Venue is offered with a choice of three engines: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol producing 83bhp and 115Nm of torque; mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. A 1.4-litre diesel borrowed from the Creta, which churns out 89bhp and 220Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The Hyundai Venue also comes with a new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine which puts out 125bhp and 172Nm of torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue Sales
The Hyundai Venue is quickly gaining a lot of popularity in the Indian market, already overtaking its larger sibling in terms of sales. Even in the Compact-SUV segment, the Venue has already overtaken most of its competitors such as the Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon. However, it still has the segment leader, the Maruti Vitara Brezza ahead of it in sales.