- 7 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 8 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 9 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Hyundai India launched the facelifted Creta in May 2018 at a starting price of Rs 9.43 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs 9.99 lakh for the diesel. The figures go all the way up to Rs 13.59 lakh and Rs 15.03 lakh for the top-end petrol and diesel trims, respectively. These prices pertain to ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now, the South Korean automaker shares that the Hyundai Creta's sales figures have crossed five lakh. The very first Creta came to the Indian market back in 2015 and instantly became a favourite choice in the growing premium five-seater SUV segment. For the same reason, Hyundai India has even given it an interesting title — 'Super Performer and Most Loved Perfect SUV'.
So far, the five-seater Hyundai has bagged 27 awards including the prestigious Indian Car Of The Year (ICOTY) 2016 title. Regarding sales performance, the Creta is the second-best-selling SUV in India and always makes its way to the list of top 10 cars sold in each month.
As mentioned before, the Hyundai Creta is available in both petrol and diesel formats; a total of three choices:
- 1.6-litre petrol | 121bhp @ 6000rpm | 151Nm @ 4850rpm
- 1.4-litre diesel | 89bhp @ 4000rpm | 219Nm @ 1500rpm
- 1.6-litre diesel | 126bhp @ 4000rpm | 260Nm @ 1900rpm
The 1.4-litre diesel variant comes only with a six-speed manual transmission while the bigger petrol and diesel units can be paired to the either the same six-speed manual or an automatic.
If you are looking forward to buying the Hyundai Creta someday, we recommend you check out some important facts and figures of the SUV (including top speed, mileage, boot space, ground clearance, etc.).
On the features front, the facelifted Creta has enough and more on the inside. Cruise control, sunroof, wireless charging, six airbags, smart key band, six-way adjustable driver seat, climate control and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay come part of the package.
In India, the Hyundai Creta mainly rivals the Mahindra XUV500, Nissan Kicks, Renault Duster and the all-new Tata Harrier (read the detailed review here).
Thoughts On The Hyundai Creta
The Hyundai Creta is sold in one of the most competitive market segments in the country, but still manages to outrun its rivals in terms of monthly sales. Thanks to models such as the Creta, Hyundai India is the top foreign car brand operating in the country and the second, overall.