- 1 hr ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 2 hrs ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- Technology OnePlus 7 Pro new OxygenOS update improves system and camera performance
- Finance L&T Shares Hit Record High On Increasing Stake In Mindtree
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Sports Sachin Tendulkar passes his father's words of wisdom to son, advises Arjun Tendulkar to never take shortcuts
- Movies DID Promo Out! Kareena Kapoor Introduces Battle Of Champions; Here's What Viewers Have To Say!
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
- News Bengaluru: 5 family members die in road mishap on way to airport
- Lifestyle Pseudogout: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
The new 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift was launched in India at Rs 9.43 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), for the base petrol manual variant. Prices for the base diesel model starts at Rs 9.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Creta brings subtle changes to the exterior while adding new features. It is one of the best-selling five-seater SUVs in India.
The Hyundai Creta is available with three engine options:
- 1.6-litre petrol | 121bhp @ 6000rpm | 151Nm @ 4850rpm
- 1.4-litre diesel | 89bhp @ 4000rpm | 219Nm @ 1500rpm
- 1.6-litre diesel | 126bhp @ 4000rpm | 260Nm @ 1900rpm
The 1.4-litre petrol comes mated only to a 6-speed manual gearbox while the bigger 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines get 6-speed automatic options.
That said, here are some things to know about the new Hyundai Creta Facelift!
Hyundai Creta Facelift: Top Speed & Acceleration
Hyundai has not officially released any top speed or acceleration figures for the Creta. However, there have been many claims on its performance through unofficial videos and statements; some of which are compiled below:
|Engines||Top Speed (km/h)||0-100km/h (seconds)|
|1.6-Litre VTVT Petrol||195 ||10.5 |
|1.4-Litre CRDi Diesel||165 ||12.5 |
|1.6-Litre CRDi Diesel||180 ||11 |
Note: The top speed and acceleration figures apply to the previous Creta model which uses the same engine and transmission.
Hyundai Creta Facelift: Mileage & Fuel Tank Capacity
The Hyundai Creta offers decent performance, especially with the 1.6-litre diesel unit. But in a country like India where fuel prices are always on a rise, manufacturers are forced to improve their products' fuel efficiency before anything else.
Here are the official mileage figures for the Hyundai Creta:
|1.6-Litre Petrol (Manual)||15.80|
|1.4-Litre Diesel (Manual)||22.10|
|1.6-Litre Diesel (Manual)||20.5|
|1.6-Litre Diesel (Auto)||17.6|
*The figures will vary with driving style, road condition and engine health.
With a fuel tank capacity of 60 litres, the Hyundai Creta offers a decent driving range too.
Hyundai Creta Facelift: Boot Space & Ground Clearance
Though the Hyundai Creta lacks a third row of seating, it makes up for it with its luggage capacity. The 2018 Creta has a decent boot space of 400 litres.
Compared to its competition, the Hyundai Creta's ground clearance is in the lower side, at 190mm.
Hyundai Creta Facelift: Overall Dimensions & Turning Radius
The 5-seater SUV offers good interior space while not being too large to manoeuvre. Here are the overall dimensions of the new Creta:
Speaking about manoeuvring, the Hyundai Creta has a turning radius of 5.2 metres.
Hyundai Creta Facelift: Wheels & Tyre Size
Depending on the variant, the Hyundai Creta comes with either steel wheels or alloys. The base E and E+ trims get 205/65 tyres with R16 steel wheels. The Creta in its S and SX trims gets 205/65 rubber with 16-inch alloy wheels. All the other top variants get 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels shod with 215/60 tyres.
Hyundai Creta Facelift: Colours
The 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift is available in seven solid colours and two dual-tone paint schemes.
The solid shades are: Passion Orange (the launch colour), Polar White, Sleek Silver, Fiery Red, Star Dust, Marina Blue and Phantom Black. The dual-tone shades are Orange + Black and Polar White + Black.
Thoughts On The 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift
The Hyundai Creta is one of the most popular SUVs available in the market today. To face the strong competition, the Creta has received some much-needed updates in its latest avatar. But is it enough? Do let us know your thoughts on the new Hyundai Creta!