- 12 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: MI vs CSK: Skipper Dhoni hails Chennai’s tremendous experience for opening day win against Mumbai
- Movies Drishyam 2: The Set Work Of The Mohanlal Starrer Is Progressing!
- Lifestyle World Marrow Donor Day WMDD: What Is Bone Marrow Transplant? Importance And Side Effects
- News Drug case: Kishore Shetty of 'ABCD' fame arrested in Mangaluru
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
BMW India has announced that all their petrol-powered models in India will now be BS-VI compliant. All petrol-powered models across the brand's portfolio in India will now comply with the latest emission norms, ahead of its implementation from 1st of April 2020.
The company also announced that the diesel-powered variants of the models will be updated in the coming months. Production of the BS-VI compliant diesel models has already started. This includes the 5 Series and 6 Series GT. The company will soon start production of its third diesel-powered BS-VI compliant model, the X1 very soon.
Rudratej Singh, President & CEO, BMW Group India, stated:
"2019 has been exciting for us as our new product portfolio has triggered remarkable traction in the luxury car market. Early start of BS-VI production is a strategic call we are taking to meet the unprecedented demand for our new products."
"Today, BMW India customers have the choice of buying a BS-VI car across the entire product portfolio. The present BMW range is extremely attractive because of its unique position with the latest products, the newest technology as well as superbly attractive ownership packages on limited stocks of BS-IV variants."
BMW also took the opportunity to announce that the latest products launched in India, are offered in both BS-IV and BS-VI variants. BMW is allowing customers to choose from either of the products at the time of purchase.
The German luxury car manufacturer also stated that they will increase prices of their BS-VI compliant vehicles by up to 6% very soon. The company has also started offering financial deals and benefits on certain BS-IV models as well.
BMW recently launched the 2019 3 Series in the Indian market. The latest-generation BMW 3 Series in India is offered with a starting price of Rs 41.40 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new BMW 3 Series comes in three variants and is offered with a choice of two engine options — here are all the details.
The company also launched its M5 Competition model in the market at Rs 1.54 crore, ex-showroom (India). The new BMW M5 Competition is a more performance-oriented sedan than the standard M5, which also comes with a host of additional features as well — here are more details from its launch.
Thoughts On The BS-VI Compliant BMW Models In India
BMW Is one of the leading luxury car brands in the Indian market. BMW is also the first brand in the segment to offer BS-VI compliant models across its product portfolio in India. BMW India is currently working on an aggressive strategy in India, with multiple car launches over the past few months.
Apart from the 3 Series and M5 Competition, BMW even introduced their flagship sedan and SUV in India; the 7 Series and the X7.