- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- News Quick thinking: How Amit Shah’s top men handled Assam during CAA protests
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno 3 Live Photos Reveal Key Specs
- Sports IPL 2020: Five West Indies players who can trigger bidding war in auction
- Movies Farhan Akhtar's Savage Comeback To A Troll: Will Ask David Dhawan To Cast You In 'Bigot No 1'
- Finance RIL’s Subsidiary Signs Investment Deal Of Rs 25,000 Cr With Canada’s Brookfield
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
BMW India has announced that all their petrol-powered models in India will now be BS-VI compliant. All petrol-powered models across the brand's portfolio in India will now comply with the latest emission norms, ahead of its implementation from 1st of April 2020.
The company also announced that the diesel-powered variants of the models will be updated in the coming months. Production of the BS-VI compliant diesel models has already started. This includes the 5 Series and 6 Series GT. The company will soon start production of its third diesel-powered BS-VI compliant model, the X1 very soon.
Rudratej Singh, President & CEO, BMW Group India, stated:
"2019 has been exciting for us as our new product portfolio has triggered remarkable traction in the luxury car market. Early start of BS-VI production is a strategic call we are taking to meet the unprecedented demand for our new products."
"Today, BMW India customers have the choice of buying a BS-VI car across the entire product portfolio. The present BMW range is extremely attractive because of its unique position with the latest products, the newest technology as well as superbly attractive ownership packages on limited stocks of BS-IV variants."
BMW also took the opportunity to announce that the latest products launched in India, are offered in both BS-IV and BS-VI variants. BMW is allowing customers to choose from either of the products at the time of purchase.
The German luxury car manufacturer also stated that they will increase prices of their BS-VI compliant vehicles by up to 6% very soon. The company has also started offering financial deals and benefits on certain BS-IV models as well.
BMW recently launched the 2019 3 Series in the Indian market. The latest-generation BMW 3 Series in India is offered with a starting price of Rs 41.40 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new BMW 3 Series comes in three variants and is offered with a choice of two engine options — here are all the details.
The company also launched its M5 Competition model in the market at Rs 1.54 crore, ex-showroom (India). The new BMW M5 Competition is a more performance-oriented sedan than the standard M5, which also comes with a host of additional features as well — here are more details from its launch.
Thoughts On The BS-VI Compliant BMW Models In India
BMW Is one of the leading luxury car brands in the Indian market. BMW is also the first brand in the segment to offer BS-VI compliant models across its product portfolio in India. BMW India is currently working on an aggressive strategy in India, with multiple car launches over the past few months.
Apart from the 3 Series and M5 Competition, BMW even introduced their flagship sedan and SUV in India; the 7 Series and the X7.