- 3 hrs ago BMW G 310 GS BS6 Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Production Begins
- 6 hrs ago MG ZS EV Launched In 10 New Cities: 1000th Unit Rolled Out In India
- 7 hrs ago Renault Kwid Neotech Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.29 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 155 & 250 New Colours Launched In India: Pics, Price & Other Details
- News Section 144 imposed around India Gate, no gathering allowed: Delhi police
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs MI, Highlights: Mumbai Indians climb to the top of the table with big win over Kings XI Punjab
- Movies Kaanekkane: The Multi-Starrer Project To Start Rolling Soon?
- Finance Abu Dhabi's Mubadala To Invest Rs 6,247.5 Crore In Reliance Retail
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan Or Nora Fatehi, Who Pulled Off JJ Valaya’s Printed Belted Saree Better?
- Technology Reliance Jio Orbic Smartphone: Three Devices To Launch Soon Under Rs. 4,000
- Education NEET Result Date 2020: When NEET UG Exam Result 2020 Will Be Declared?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
BMW has launched the M5 Competition in the Indian market. The new BMW M5 Competition is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.54 crore, ex-showroom (India). The new M5 Competition is a more performance-focussed version of the already powerful sedan in the Indian market.
The new BMW M5 Competition is based on the standard M5 sedan from the German brand. However, being more performance-oriented, the M5 Competition comes with a number of changes, both in terms of aesthetic and mechanical.
In terms of visual changes, the new BMW M5 Competition comes with a new M Sport exhaust system with black chrome tailpipes. It also features Y-Spoke dual-colour wheels, M gills on the fenders, rear spoiler and ‘Competition' badging all around.
Inside, the new BMW M5 Competition comes with M multifunction sports seats with an illuminated ‘M5' logo, blacked-out seat belts with understated stripe design in M colours, leather upholstery, leather steering wheel with chrome detailing, stainless steel foot pedals and a red start/stop button.
In terms of features, the new BMW M5 Competition comes with a host of equipment. This includes a 7.0-inch digital instrument control with in-built 3D Navigation, heads-up display, wireless charging, 10.25-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, BMW display key and gesture control.
Other features on the M5 Competition: Harman Kardon Surround Sound System with 16-speakers of 600 Watts, rearview camera, park distance control, front and rear parking assistant and a host of other equipment as well.
The 2019 BMW M5 Competition is powered by a 4.4-litre twin-turbocharged V8 petrol engine. It produces 625bhp at 6,000rpm (25bhp more than the standard) and 750Nm of torque between 1,800 - 5,800rpm.
It is mated to a standard 8-speed Steptronic automatic gearbox. The car can sprint to 100km/h from standstill in 3.3 seconds while 200km/h comes up in 10.8 seconds (both 0.3 seconds faster than the standard).
The BMW M5 Competition sits lower to the ground by 7mm. The car features specifically-developed engine mounts, 10% stiffened suspension set-up and increased chamber on the front axle for better high-speed cornering ability. The M5 Competition also comes with anti-roll bars at the rear while receiving three driving modes as well.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW M5 Competition Launched In India
The BMW M5 Competition is a more performance-oriented version of the already powerful M5 sedan. This is also the second ‘Competition' model from the German carmaker after the M2 Competition, launched earlier. The new BMW M5 Competition in India rivals the likes of the Mercedes-AMG E63 S.