- 13 hrs ago Tata Altroz Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.29 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- 2 days ago Kia Carnival Review (First Drive): Extravagant On Space, Feature-Loaded And BSVI-Compliant
- 2 days ago MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- 2 days ago Amazon Introduces Three And Four Wheeler EVs For Product Delivery
- News Met with 'brick wall' when approached Modi with a peace proposal, claims Imran Khan
- Sports World Archery lifts suspension on India with conditions
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Varun Dhawan React To A Fan’s Desire To See Them Get Married
- Technology Redmi K20, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Go Get Permanent Price Cut Up To Rs. 3,000
- Lifestyle 16 Amazing Ways To Tame Frizzy Hair Instantly
- Finance Best Travel Credit Cards in India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
BMW has launched the M5 Competition in the Indian market. The new BMW M5 Competition is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.54 crore, ex-showroom (India). The new M5 Competition is a more performance-focussed version of the already powerful sedan in the Indian market.
The new BMW M5 Competition is based on the standard M5 sedan from the German brand. However, being more performance-oriented, the M5 Competition comes with a number of changes, both in terms of aesthetic and mechanical.
In terms of visual changes, the new BMW M5 Competition comes with a new M Sport exhaust system with black chrome tailpipes. It also features Y-Spoke dual-colour wheels, M gills on the fenders, rear spoiler and ‘Competition' badging all around.
Inside, the new BMW M5 Competition comes with M multifunction sports seats with an illuminated ‘M5' logo, blacked-out seat belts with understated stripe design in M colours, leather upholstery, leather steering wheel with chrome detailing, stainless steel foot pedals and a red start/stop button.
In terms of features, the new BMW M5 Competition comes with a host of equipment. This includes a 7.0-inch digital instrument control with in-built 3D Navigation, heads-up display, wireless charging, 10.25-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, BMW display key and gesture control.
Other features on the M5 Competition: Harman Kardon Surround Sound System with 16-speakers of 600 Watts, rearview camera, park distance control, front and rear parking assistant and a host of other equipment as well.
The 2019 BMW M5 Competition is powered by a 4.4-litre twin-turbocharged V8 petrol engine. It produces 625bhp at 6,000rpm (25bhp more than the standard) and 750Nm of torque between 1,800 - 5,800rpm.
It is mated to a standard 8-speed Steptronic automatic gearbox. The car can sprint to 100km/h from standstill in 3.3 seconds while 200km/h comes up in 10.8 seconds (both 0.3 seconds faster than the standard).
The BMW M5 Competition sits lower to the ground by 7mm. The car features specifically-developed engine mounts, 10% stiffened suspension set-up and increased chamber on the front axle for better high-speed cornering ability. The M5 Competition also comes with anti-roll bars at the rear while receiving three driving modes as well.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW M5 Competition Launched In India
The BMW M5 Competition is a more performance-oriented version of the already powerful M5 sedan. This is also the second ‘Competition' model from the German carmaker after the M2 Competition, launched earlier. The new BMW M5 Competition in India rivals the likes of the Mercedes-AMG E63 S.