- 1 hr ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer Range To Recieve New Colours: Teaser Released
- 4 hrs ago Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For August 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Take Top Honours
- Sports MS Dhoni goes level with Suresh Raina as most capped IPL player
- News In first phone call, PM Modi and Japan's Yoshihide Suga agree to boost ties
- Finance 7 Stocks That Moved The Most On September 25, 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A72 Tipped To Be In Works; Might Offer Penta-Lens Setup
- Lifestyle Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
- Movies Erica Fernandes And Harshad Chopda To Feature In A Music Video?
- Education National Medical Commission NMC Constituted As New Regulator For Medical Education In India
BMW India has launched the latest-generation 3 series in the Indian market. The new BMW 3 Series is available with a starting price of Rs 41.40 lakh. The 2019 3 Series sedan is offered in two diesel variants and one petrol variant. The top-spec trim on the new BMW 3 Series is priced at Rs 47.90 Lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The new BMW 3 Series had its global debut at the 2018 Paris Motor Show. The new BMW 3 Series is the 7th-generation model of the sedan. Bookings for the entry-level luxury sedan has already begun ahead of its launch in the Indian market.
The new BMW 3 Series is available in three variants: 320d Sport, 320d Luxury Line and 330i M Sport. The three variants further come with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 190bhp and 400Nm of torque. This engine powers the 320d Sport and 320d Luxury Line variants.
The 330i M Sport petrol variant, on the other hand, comes powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder unit. It produces 258bhp and 400Nm of torque. Both the engines on the new BMW 3 Series will come mated to an eight-speed Steptronic automatic transmission unit as standard.
The latest-generation 3 Series sedan is part of BMW's CLAR platform. This also underpins the latest generation 5 and 7 series sedan as well. With the introduction of the CLAR on the new-generation 3 Series, the sedan is now lighter than the older models. The new 3 Series also has larger overall dimensions, as well as a larger wheelbase as well.
In terms of design, the new BMW 3 Series is much sharper than the outgoing model. It features a larger signature kidney front grille, sleek LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, sharp shoulder lines and creases along the sides and a newly designed set of LED taillights as well.
Inside, the new BMW 3 Series also comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes 10.25-inch Control Display, 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, BMW ConnectedDrive technologies with Gesture control, wireless charging and Apple CarPlay among a host of others. BMW also offers the 3 Series with four driving modes: ECO PRO, Comfort, Sport & Sport+.
In terms of safety features, the new BMW 3 Series comes with six airbags, Cornering Brake Control, Dynamic Stability Control, Electric Parking Brake, side-impact protection, vehicle immobiliser, crash sensors, attentiveness assistance and ISOFIX child seat mounts.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW 3 Series India Launch
The BMW 3 Series is the latest-generation model in the lineup. The car will be available on sale across all BMW showrooms in the country. The new BMW 3 Series will rival the likes of the Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the Jaguar XF in the Indian market.