- 3 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 9 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 12 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- News With GDP growth at 7 yr low, FinMin says slowdown has bottomed out
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
BMW India has launched the latest-generation 3 series in the Indian market. The new BMW 3 Series is available with a starting price of Rs 41.40 lakh. The 2019 3 Series sedan is offered in two diesel variants and one petrol variant. The top-spec trim on the new BMW 3 Series is priced at Rs 47.90 Lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The new BMW 3 Series had its global debut at the 2018 Paris Motor Show. The new BMW 3 Series is the 7th-generation model of the sedan. Bookings for the entry-level luxury sedan has already begun ahead of its launch in the Indian market.
The new BMW 3 Series is available in three variants: 320d Sport, 320d Luxury Line and 330i M Sport. The three variants further come with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 190bhp and 400Nm of torque. This engine powers the 320d Sport and 320d Luxury Line variants.
The 330i M Sport petrol variant, on the other hand, comes powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder unit. It produces 258bhp and 400Nm of torque. Both the engines on the new BMW 3 Series will come mated to an eight-speed Steptronic automatic transmission unit as standard.
The latest-generation 3 Series sedan is part of BMW's CLAR platform. This also underpins the latest generation 5 and 7 series sedan as well. With the introduction of the CLAR on the new-generation 3 Series, the sedan is now lighter than the older models. The new 3 Series also has larger overall dimensions, as well as a larger wheelbase as well.
In terms of design, the new BMW 3 Series is much sharper than the outgoing model. It features a larger signature kidney front grille, sleek LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, sharp shoulder lines and creases along the sides and a newly designed set of LED taillights as well.
Inside, the new BMW 3 Series also comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes 10.25-inch Control Display, 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, BMW ConnectedDrive technologies with Gesture control, wireless charging and Apple CarPlay among a host of others. BMW also offers the 3 Series with four driving modes: ECO PRO, Comfort, Sport & Sport+.
In terms of safety features, the new BMW 3 Series comes with six airbags, Cornering Brake Control, Dynamic Stability Control, Electric Parking Brake, side-impact protection, vehicle immobiliser, crash sensors, attentiveness assistance and ISOFIX child seat mounts.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW 3 Series India Launch
The BMW 3 Series is the latest-generation model in the lineup. The car will be available on sale across all BMW showrooms in the country. The new BMW 3 Series will rival the likes of the Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the Jaguar XF in the Indian market.