- 1 hr ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- News TMC candidate list 2021: Emphasis likely to be more on women candidates
- Technology JioOS Explained: Is It A Threat To iOS?
- Sports India vs England 4th Test: Virat Kohli gets dismissed for duck for 12th occasion, claims unwanted record
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Gets Emotional At Cousin Priyaank's Haldi Ceremony; Also See Pics From Beach Party
- Lifestyle Pink, Red, Or Green, Which Saree Of Tamannaah Bhatia Did You Like The Most?
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Inks Agreement With Yes Bank For Co-Lending
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
BMW India has launched the latest-generation 3 series in the Indian market. The new BMW 3 Series is available with a starting price of Rs 41.40 lakh. The 2019 3 Series sedan is offered in two diesel variants and one petrol variant. The top-spec trim on the new BMW 3 Series is priced at Rs 47.90 Lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The new BMW 3 Series had its global debut at the 2018 Paris Motor Show. The new BMW 3 Series is the 7th-generation model of the sedan. Bookings for the entry-level luxury sedan has already begun ahead of its launch in the Indian market.
The new BMW 3 Series is available in three variants: 320d Sport, 320d Luxury Line and 330i M Sport. The three variants further come with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 190bhp and 400Nm of torque. This engine powers the 320d Sport and 320d Luxury Line variants.
The 330i M Sport petrol variant, on the other hand, comes powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder unit. It produces 258bhp and 400Nm of torque. Both the engines on the new BMW 3 Series will come mated to an eight-speed Steptronic automatic transmission unit as standard.
The latest-generation 3 Series sedan is part of BMW's CLAR platform. This also underpins the latest generation 5 and 7 series sedan as well. With the introduction of the CLAR on the new-generation 3 Series, the sedan is now lighter than the older models. The new 3 Series also has larger overall dimensions, as well as a larger wheelbase as well.
In terms of design, the new BMW 3 Series is much sharper than the outgoing model. It features a larger signature kidney front grille, sleek LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, sharp shoulder lines and creases along the sides and a newly designed set of LED taillights as well.
Inside, the new BMW 3 Series also comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes 10.25-inch Control Display, 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, BMW ConnectedDrive technologies with Gesture control, wireless charging and Apple CarPlay among a host of others. BMW also offers the 3 Series with four driving modes: ECO PRO, Comfort, Sport & Sport+.
In terms of safety features, the new BMW 3 Series comes with six airbags, Cornering Brake Control, Dynamic Stability Control, Electric Parking Brake, side-impact protection, vehicle immobiliser, crash sensors, attentiveness assistance and ISOFIX child seat mounts.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW 3 Series India Launch
The BMW 3 Series is the latest-generation model in the lineup. The car will be available on sale across all BMW showrooms in the country. The new BMW 3 Series will rival the likes of the Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the Jaguar XF in the Indian market.