- 1 hr ago Continental Builds Heads Up Display For Sport And Performance Cars
- 2 hrs ago The Damon X Is The Safest Motorcycle In The World — Features Advanced Tech
- 3 hrs ago Vespa & Aprilia To Launch FI Scooters With LED Headlamps & New Scooters With 200cc Engine
- 19 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Fame Jagan's Married; Wedding Graced By Sandalwood Stars! Host Sudeep Is Missing
- News Oath taking gaffe: Sunny Deol says he will 'withhold' sovereignty instead of 'upholding' it
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Coming from a second-line side in world cricket, Shakib Al Hasan’s feat is extra special
- Finance Fitch Lowers India Growth Forecast For FY20 To 6.6%
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A70 Cases And Covers To Buy In India
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor & Alia Bhatt Make Us Want To Invest In Green Pantsuits
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
2018 has been a good year for various car manufacturers. The year saw a number of new launches, updates, facelifts and other changes for many cars. However, Maruti Suzuki has managed to dominate yet again, throughout the year.
Not so far behind is Hyundai, which has had excellent growth in the Indian market. The Korean brand also brought back its popular nameplate, the Santro in the market. This really helped boost the growth of the manufacturer in India.
To sum it up, here is the list of the top 10 cars in the Indian market for the year 2018.
|2018 Rank||Model ||YTD Sales 2018|
|1||Maruti Dzire ||247,815|
|2 ||Maruti Alto||213,746 |
|3 ||Maruti Swift||211,840|
|6||Maruti Vitara Brezza||145,798|
|8||Hyundai Grand i10||122,799|
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire is one of the most popular compact sedans in the Indian market. The Dzire is based on the Maruti Swift hatchback and has been one of the top-selling cars in the Indian market every month.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is one of the most popular entry-level hatchbacks in the Indian market. The Alto is also one of the first products to be launched in India from Maruti Suzuki. The entry-level hatchback has been in the top-selling list throughout the year as well.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift currently on sale in India is in its third generation. The new Swift was launched at the start of 2018 at the Auto Expo. The Maruti Swift was recently announced as the ‘Indian Car of the Year' as well.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is the first premium hatchback offering from the brand in India. The Baleno is sold through the brand's premium NEXA showroom and is one of the top contenders in the premium hatchback segment.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR has been a popular hatchback in the Indian car segment, mainly due to its tall boy design. The WagonR has gone through a number of iterations, with the latest facelift expected to be launched in early 2019.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is among the top-selling compact SUV in the market. The Vitara Brezza among the safest compact-SUV in the market, scoring an impressive four-star rating at the Global NCAP.
The Hyundai Elite i20 is the best-selling premium hatchback from the South Korean brand. It comes loaded with features and directly rivals the Baleno in the premium hatchback segment.
The Grand i10 has managed to slot itself in the top 10 best selling car list, even after recording a drop of 13.4 per cent in sales compared to the previous year.
The Creta is one of the popular choices in the Compact-SUV segment. It rivals the Vitara Brezza and was recently updated to its second-generation model, earlier this year.
The Celerio completes the top 10 list for 2018. The Celerio is also another entry-level hatchback, placed above the Alto in the product lineup. It comes with a range of trims and customisable options, making it a popular model.
Apart from these, other manufacturers such as Tata Motors, Honda & Mahindra also had a good year, with new launches and updates.
Tata Motors launched their first performance-oriented products in the form of the Tiago and the Tigor JTP. Mahindra also launched their Marazzo MPV, along with the flagship Alturas G4.
|2018 Rank||Model ||YTD Sales 2018|
|11||Tata Tiago ||86,658 |
|12 ||Mahindra Bolero||80,632 |
|13 ||Maruti Omni||78,939 |
|14||Toyota Innova||65,946 |
|15||Honda Amaze||61,997 |
|17||Ford EcoSport||49,698 |
|18||Maruti Ertiga||49,253 |
|19||Tata Nexon||48,126 |
|20||Mahindra Scorpio||46,373 |
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For 2018
So these are the top 20 cars in the Indian market for the year 2018. There were also other new launches such as the Santro, Marazzo and the all-new Ertiga during the later half of 2018. These cars have already created quite a demand for themselves and are expected to perform well in the Indian market in 2019.