- 25 min ago Suzuki Gixxer SF First Ride Review — Greatness Reborn
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 First Ride Review — It Could Just Save The 250cc Segment In India
- 16 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- Technology Vivo to launch it's first punch hole display smartphone, the Vivo Z5x on 24th of May
- Sports World Cup head-to-head: De Villiers hit three straight hundreds to give South Africa 4-2 lead against West Indies
- Finance SEBI Allows Mutual Funds To Participate In Commodities Derivatives
- Movies Kajal Aggarwal Rubbishes The Hot Rumours That Have Been Doing The Rounds?
- Lifestyle Before Leaving Cannes Film Festival 2019, Diana Penty Gives Us A Textured Dress Goal
- News EC to meet today after Oppn demands verification of VVPAT slips
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Spy pics of the new Maruti Wagon R (2019) have been leaked online. The latest iteration of the 'tall boy' Maruti Wagon R is expected to be launched in India sometime in mid-2019, at a starting price close to Rs 4.5 lakh ex-showroom (India). It will be sold through the new range of Maruti Suzuki Arena showrooms that will be introduced next year.
Autocar India has managed to find the first spy pics of the upcoming Maruti Wagon R, without any camouflage. Yes, the leaked images might not be the clearest, but they certainly show that the 2019 Wagon R is bigger and bolder-looking than the present model.
The current Wagon R is one of the best selling cars in India, and from the new spy pics, you can see a floating roof design and a tall tail lamp layout. We are not sure if the new Wagon R comes with alloys or steel rims, but they seem to 14-inchers. Other details include a rear windscreen wiper, chrome garnish, ORVMs with turn signals, and the widened wheel arches.
Rumours suggest that the 2019 Maruti Wagon R will be based on the same platform as now, but engineered to meet the new safety norms. The priority for safety in Indian cars have been made high recently, and officially, the Tata Nexon has become the safest Indian caralready.
Powering the 2019 Maruti Wagon R will be the 1.0-litre three-cylinder engine which makes 67bhp and 90Nm of torque (or slightly more). Transmission choices include a five-speed manual or its respective AMT unit. A CNG variant of the 2019 Wagon R will also be introduced at a later stage, while even an electric version was recently showcased.
Features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, keyless entry and some safety equipment will be part of the package.Maruti Suzuki recently launched the new Ertiga MPV with a lot of improvements over the previous model; the samewill be the case for the new Maruti Wagon R.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Wagon R
The Maruti Wagon R has always been an ideal choice for the city. The compact design and generous amount of headroom makeit a good option for tall passengers as well. With the new Hyundai Santro on the market, the 2019 Wagon R will definitely showcase some competition.