- 31 min ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- Technology Google set to reveal game titles for Stadia but is India ready for it?
- Movies DID Promo Out! Kareena Kapoor Introduces Battle Of Champions; Here's What Viewers Have To Say!
- Finance Govt Merges Statistical Bodies CSO And NSSO
- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup: Top 5 games in World Cup history
- News Bengaluru: 5 family members die in road mishap on way to airport
- Education WB HS Result 2019 Declared: 86.92 Percent Students Passed
- Lifestyle Pseudogout: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
New Hyundai Santro 2018 Top Features: The all-new 2018 Santro has been launched by Hyundai Motor India at a starting price of Rs 3.89 lakh (India). The new Hyundai Santro ticks a lot of boxes in terms of convenience features, safety and engineering while also being available in a CNG format. You can read our first look review of the new Hyundai Santro — here.
The 2018 iteration of the popular Santro hatchback from the early-2000s is powered by a 1.1-litre four-cylinder petrol engine which makes 68bhp and 101Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual or its respective AMT. The hatchback has a claimed mileage figure of 20.3km/l.
That said, here are the top features of the new Hyundai Santro 2018:
New Tall-Boy Design
The Hyundai Santro follows a new design language developed by the South Korean automotive brand — Rhythmical Tension. Key highlights of the design are the tall-boy body structure, cascading front grille and the kink towards the end of the belt line. The design of the new Santro has received mixed opinions, especially regarding the front profile.
Touchscreen Infotainment System
The new Santro comes with a segment-first 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink. Features such as voice command and rear parking camera are also integrated into the system.
Rear AC Vents
The Hyundai Santro gets a very efficient air-conditioning system along with rear AC vents; another first-in-segment feature. Hyundai shared that the vents have been incorporated without compromising much on legroom for the rear middle passenger.
Automated Manual Transmission (AMT)
Adding to the driveability, the 2018 Hyundai Santro gets an AMT variant too. The 5-speed AMT unit will increase its desirability even more, since most of its competitors offer them but are short on the features department, in comparison. The new Santro is the first car to get Hyundai's in-house developed AMT unit, dubbed as the Smart Auto AMT Technology.
The Hyundai Santro is available in a CNG format. Based on the same power plant, the Hyundai Santro CNG makes 58bhp and a good mileage figure of 30.5km/kg. Though not large, CNG cars have their own market in major parts of the country, depending on the availability of the fuel.
The 2018 Hyundai Santro is based on a new platform which makes use of 63% ‘Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) + High Strength Steel (HSS)'. Together, it provides both safety and stability to the car. ABS+EBD and a driver-side airbag come as standard while higher variants get a passenger-side airbag too.
Other Top Hyundai Santro Features
- Electrically-adjustable ORVMs
- Steering-mounted audio controls
- Power windows
- Reverse parking sensor + camera
- Eco Coating Technology (prevents bad odour which the AC evaporator tends to develop over time)
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Santro 2018
The new Hyundai Santro was one of the most anticipated launches in the small car segment in India. Besides the iconic nameplate, the new Santro also brings a lot to the table as you've seen above. Do you think the all-new Hyundai Santro will make a revolution on the Indian automotive market?