TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
New Hyundai Santro 2018 Top Features: The all-new 2018 Santro has been unveiled officially by Hyundai Motor India and it features a lot to be a compelling buy in the small car segment in India. The new Hyundai Santro ticks a lot of boxes in terms of convenience features, safety and engineering while also being available in a CNG format. The car was recently spied ahead of its official unveiling too.
The 2018 iteration of the popular Santro hatchback from the early-2000s is powered by a 1.1-litre four-cylinder petrol engine which makes 68bhp and 101Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual or its respective AMT. The hatchback has a claimed mileage figure of 20.3km/l.
That said, here are the top features of the new Hyundai Santro 2018:
New Tall-Boy Design
The Hyundai Santro follows a new design language developed by the South Korean automotive brand — Rhythmical Tension. Key highlights of the design are the tall-boy body structure, cascading front grille and the kink towards the end of the belt line. The design of the new Santro has received mixed opinions, especially regarding the front profile.
Touchscreen Infotainment System
The new Santro comes with a segment-first 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink. Features such as voice command and rear parking camera are also integrated into the system.
Rear AC Vents
The Hyundai Santro gets a very efficient air-conditioning system along with rear AC vents; another first-in-segment feature. Hyundai shared that the vents have been incorporated without compromising much on legroom for the rear middle passenger.
Automated Manual Transmission (AMT)
Adding to the driveability, the 2018 Hyundai Santro gets an AMT variant too. The 5-speed AMT unit will increase its desirability even more, since most of its competitors offer them but are short on the features department, in comparison. The new Santro is the first car to get Hyundai's in-house developed AMT unit, dubbed as the Smart Auto AMT Technology.
The Hyundai Santro is available in a CNG format. Based on the same power plant, the Hyundai Santro CNG makes 58bhp and a good mileage figure of 30.5km/kg. Though not large, CNG cars have their own market in major parts of the country, depending on the availability of the fuel.
The 2018 Hyundai Santro is based on a new platform which makes use of 63% ‘Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) + High Strength Steel (HSS)'. Together, it provides both safety and stability to the car. ABS+EBD and a driver-side airbag come as standard while higher variants get a passenger-side airbag too.
Other Top Hyundai Santro Features
- Electrically-adjustable ORVMs
- Steering-mounted audio controls
- Power windows
- Reverse parking sensor + camera
- Eco Coating Technology (prevents bad odour which the AC evaporator tends to develop over time)
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Santro 2018
The launch of the new Hyundai Santro is one of the most anticipated launches in the small car segment in India. Now that Hyundai India has officially unveiled it, along with the features and equipment offered, customers can know what they can expect in the latest version of the iconic hatchback. What are your thoughts on the new Hyundai Santro?