- 16 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 18 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 1 day ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Elimination: Mohan Vaidya Gets Evicted In An Emotional Episode!
- News Chandrayaan-2 Launch: 'Baahubali' to carry India's second moon mission
- Sports Badminton Asia Junior Championships 2019: Maisnam Meiraba shines as India enter quarterfinals
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Lifestyle Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
New Hyundai Santro 2018 launched in India: Hyundai India has launched the all-new Santro in the country. The new Hyundai Santro is launched in India at a starting price of Rs 3.89 lakh ex-showroom (India). The new Hyundai Santro features a new design language and comes loaded with segment-first features.
Variants And Price
The new Hyundai Santro is offered in five trims levels: Dlite, Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta. The base Dlite variant is priced at Rs 3.89 lakh while the top-spec Asta variant carries a price tag of Rs 5.45 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (India). The new Santro is also available with AMT gearbox and CNG fuel option. Below is the detailed pricing of the new Santro.
|D-Lite||Rs 3,89,900 |
|Era||Rs 4,24,900 |
|Magna||Rs 4,57,900 |
|Magna AMT||Rs 5,18,900 |
|Sportz||Rs 4,99,900 |
|Sportz AMT||Rs 5,46,900 |
|Asta||Rs 5,45,900 |
|Magna CNG||Rs 5,23,900 |
|Sportz CNG||Rs 5,64,900 |
Note: All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The new Hyundai Santro 2018 features a new design language but retains the signature tall-boy stance of the original Santro. The front fascia of the new Hyundai Santro features a new cascading grille with chrome insert, sweptback headlamps, fog lamps, black plastic treatment around the grille and fog lamps and newly designed bumper.
On the side profile, the new Hyundai Santro features a small kink on the windowline that adds to the premium look of the new Santro. The hatchback also gets cuts and creases around the wheel arches. The windows are large and will offer an airy feeling inside the cabin.
The rear profile of the new Hyundai Santro is reminiscent of the old Santro with a large windshield, newly designed tail light cluster, high stop lamp and new bumper with plastic insert and reflectors on either side.
The new Hyundai Santro is available in seven colour options: Typhoon Silver, Polar White, Stardust (Dark Grey), Imperial Beige, Marina Blue, Fiery Red, and Diana Green.
Interior And Features
The new Hyundai Santro features a dual-tone theme with black and beige treatment on the dashboard and door trims. The dashboard design is clean clutter-free and features modern styling elements. The design of the AC vents and steering wheel is modern and it is inline with other Hyundai cars such as the Grand i10. Other details include silver accents around AC vents, gear lever and on the steering wheel.
The new Hyundai Santro is loaded with features such as a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink. Other features include rear AC vents (first-in-segment), electrically adjustable ORVMs with turn indicators, MID (multi-information display) on the instrument cluster, USB port, folding rear seats and rear wiper with washer.
The new Hyundai Santro 2018 is equipped with standard safety features such as driver airbag, ABS, EBD and engine immobiliser.. The top-spec variant of the new Santro also gets additional safety equipment such as passenger airbag, reverse parking sensors with camera, speed sensing auto door lock, central locking and rear defogger.
The new Hyundai Santro draws power from a new 1.1-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that produces 68bhp and 99Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Hyundai is also offering an AMT gearbox for the very first time. The new Hyundai Santro is also available with CNG fuel option.
The petrol variant of the new Hyundai Santro returns a healthy mileage of 20.3km/l on both the manual and AMT variant. The manual CNG variant of the new Santro delivers a mileage of 30.5km/kg.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Santro
Hyundai has finally launched the new Santro in the Indian market with an aggressive price tag. The prominent highlight of the new Hyundai Santro is the tall-boy stance of the original car. Despite the addition of new design elements, the new Santro has retained the flavours of the old Santro. The new Hyundai Santro will rival the likes of Renault Kwid, Maruti Celerio, Tata Tiago and Maruti WagonR.