- 17 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 19 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 1 day ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Elimination: Mohan Vaidya Gets Evicted In An Emotional Episode!
- News Chandrayaan-2 Launch: 'Baahubali' to carry India's second moon mission
- Sports Badminton Asia Junior Championships 2019: Maisnam Meiraba shines as India enter quarterfinals
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Lifestyle Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Hyundai has launched the all-new Santro in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 3.89 lakh ex-showroom (India). The new Hyundai Santro 2018 sports a new design language and comes equipped with segment-first features. So, how modern and stylish is the new Hyundai Santro? Let's find out in this first look review of the new Santro.
New Hyundai Santro Design And Styling
The new Hyundai Santro 2018 features an all-new design language but retains the signature tall-boy stance of the original Santro. Up front, the new Hyundai Santro features a cascading grille, sweptback headlamps, fog lamps, a black plastic cladding around the grille and fog lamps and a new bumper.
The side profile of the new Hyundai Santro gets a small kink in the windowline and the large windows give an airy feeling inside the cabin, The new Santro also gets Z-shape character lines around the wheel arches that adds to the modern styling of the new Santro.
The rear end of the new Hyundai Santro is reminiscent of the original car with a large windshield, newly designed tail light cluster, high stop lamp and new bumper with black plastic inserts and reflectors on either side. The overall design of the new Hyundai Santro is modern and stylish with a hint of original Santro.
New Hyundai Santro Interior
The interior of the new Hyundai Santro features a dual-tone theme with black and beige colour. The design of the dashboard is neat and clutter-free and the AC vents get a modern design. The dashboard also features silver accents around the AC vents, gear lever and on the steering wheel. The cabin is spacious with a lot of legroom and headroom for the rear passengers.
New Hyundai Santro Features
The new Hyundai Santro comes loaded with features such as a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink. Other prominent features include rear AC vents (first-in-segment) electrically adjustable ORVMs, USB port, power windows, MID on the instrument cluster, rear wiper and rear defogger.
New Hyundai Santro Safety
The new Hyundai comes equipped with standard safety features such as driver airbag, ABS, and EBD. The top-spec variant of the new Hyundai Santro gets additional safety equipment such as passenger airbag, reverse parking sensors with camera, day/night IRVM, speed sensing auto door lock and central locking.
New Hyundai Santro Engine Specifications And Mileage
The new Hyundai Santro draws power from a new 1.1-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that produces 68bhp and 99Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual or an AMT gearbox. The new Santro will be also offered with CNG fuel option.
With the CNG fuel option, the new Hyundai Santro produces 58bhp and 84Nm of torque. The petrol variant of the new Santro returns a mileage of 20.3km/l while the CNG variant delivers a mileage of 30.5km/kg.
New Hyundai Santro Rivals
The new Hyundai Santro is modern, stylish and comes packed with features to dominate the entry-level hatchback segment. The new Hyundai Santro rivals the likes of Renault Kwid, Maruti Celerio, Maruti WagonR and the Tata Tiago. But with the popularity of Santro in India and with the upmarket design and features, the new Santro has an upper hand over its rivals.
Thoughts On The new Hyundai Santro
The new Hyundai Santro is a huge leap from the original Santro in terms of design and features. Despite getting an all-new design language, the new Santro retains the signature tall-boy stance of the original car. The inclusion of modern styling elements and new features has made the Santro even more appealing and with an affordable price tag, we can expect the new Santro to replicate the success of the old Santro.