- 6 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Hyundai India recently launched their all-new Santro in the Indian market. The Hyundai Santro 2018 comes with a starting price of Rs 3.89 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The 2018 Santro comes with an all-new design in-line with the current fluidic language of Hyundai while also featuring a host of equipment, including a few segment firsts.
Here are the top things to know about the most popular hatchbacks in the Indian market, the new Hyundai Santro 2018.
Hyundai Santro 2018: Variants & Prices
The Hyundai Santro 2018 is available in five basic trim levels: DLite, Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta. The Hyundai Santro comes with a price of Rs 3.89 lakh for the base ‘DLite' trim while the top-end ‘Sportz CNG' has a price tag of Rs 5.64 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India)
Below is a break-up of all the variants and their respective prices.
|DLite||Rs 3.89 Lakh|
|Era||Rs 4.24 Lakh|
|Magna||Rs 4.57 Lakh|
|Magna AMT||Rs 5.18 Lakh|
|Sportz||Rs 4.99 Lakh|
|Sportz AMT||Rs 5.46 Lakh|
|Asta||Rs 5.45 Lakh|
|Magna CNG||Rs 5.23 Lakh|
|Sportz CNG||Rs 5.64 Lakh|
Hyundai Santro 2018: Power And Torque Figures
The all-new Hyundai Santro is available in a single engine configuration; a 1.1-litre four-cylinder petrol unit. Hyundai also offers a CNG variant on two of its mid-spec trims (Magna and Sportz). The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox. There is also an optional AMT transmission on offer.
Here are the power and torque outputs for each variant.
|Variants||Power (bhp)||Torque (Nm)|
|1.1-litre Petrol||68 ||99 |
|1.1-litre CNG||58 ||84 |
Hyundai Santro 2018: Mileage And Fuel Capacity
The all-new Hyundai Santro comes with a fuel tank capacity of 35 litres. The ARAI claimed mileage figures on the 2018 Santro is on par, if not more than its rivals in the segment. The CNG variant of the hatchback further improves the mileage, recording the best figures.
Below are the claimed ARAI mileage figures of the new Hyundai Santro.
Hyundai Santro 2018: Overall Dimensions And Ground Clearance
At 160mm, the Hyundai Santro 2018 offers a good amount of ground clearance for a small hatchback. The clearance is sufficient to overcome the undulations on the streets with ease. The Hyundai Santro also comes with a compact design and the overall dimensions are on par with other hatchbacks in the segment.
Here are the overall dimensions of the all-new Hyundai Santro 2018.
Hyundai Santro 2018: Tyre Size And Boot Space
The new Hyundai Santro comes with 13 and 14-inch tyres, depending on the variant. The lower trims offer a set of smaller 155/80 R13 tyres with steel rims. The top trims, on the other hand, come with larger 165/70 R14 tyres again with steel rims.
In terms of boot space, the 2018 Santro offers 265 litres, equivalent to its competitors such as the Maruti Celerio.
Hyundai Santro 2018: Colours
The new Hyundai Santro is available in seven different colour options: Typhoon Silver, Polar White, Stardust Grey, Imperial Beige, Marina Blue, Fiery Red and Diana Green.
All the new colours of on the Hyundai Santro were showcased at its launch event.
To know more about the Hyundai Santro 2018, check out our first look review.
Thoughts On The All-New Hyundai Santro 2018
The Hyundai Santro 2018 is one of the most popular hatchbacks in the Indian market. The previous generation Santro was a trend-setter in the country while also being the first small car from a foreign brand to gain good traction in the market. The new Santro has already been received well in the market, acquiring more than 28,000 bookings within the first 15 days of its launch.