- 1 hr ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 1 hr ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News Jumping parties did not augur well for many prominent candidates
- Lifestyle Time-restricted Eating For Weight Loss: Is It Effective?
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- Sports Barcelona snap up Dutch teen star Reis from Groningen
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
New Hyundai Elantra Sport sedan makes global debut. The new Hyundai Elantra 2019 was unveiled in a few months back. Hyundai has already launched the new 2019 Elantra in the US and the D-segment sedan will eventually make its way to India.
Now, the 2019 Hyundai Elantra Sport variant has been revealed and it will be showcased at Los Angeles Auto Show, happening later this month. The new Hyundai Elantra 2019 is already sold as the Avante Sport in Korean markets.
Compared to the regular 2019 Hyundai Elantra, the Elantra Sport features better styling with the details such as the triangular headlamp design. The 18-inch wheels on the Hyundai Elantra Sport 2019 also add to the sportiness.
At the rear, the Elantra Sport follow a coupe-like design while the other aesthetic elements retain the sharp format. The sportier variant of the new Hyundai Elantra 2019 also gets a quad-exhaust setup.
On the inside, the new Hyundai Elantra Sport gets a red theme against black. Red accents extend to the three-spoke steering wheel too while the dashboard has a driver-centric console with Piano Black panels.
Powering the 2019 Hyundai Elantra Sport is a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine which makes 201bhp and 265Nm of torque. The petrol engine is mated to a six-speed manual or seven-speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) gearbox.
The same engine is used in the upcoming 2020 Kia Forte GT. In case you haven't heard already, Kia Motors is all set to make their entry to the Indian market in the near future. They first showcased their new products at Auto Expo 2018.
Kia Motors India is currently setting up facilities across the country to start their operations, by as early as mid-2019. In fact, we recently visited the Kia Motors India factory in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
Coming back to the new Hyundai Elantra Sport, to improve the driving experience, the engineers have incorporated a multi-link suspension at the rear. The steering is tuned to provide a more active feedback. The new Elantra Sport has also got better brakes compared to the regular Hyundai Elantra 2019.
Once launched, the Hyundai Elantra Sport will be a strong rival to the Skoda Octavia RS. The car will be similarly priced too, but we do not expect it to make its way to the Indian market.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Elantra Sport 2019
The Hyundai Elantra is a popular D-segment, showcasing a strong competition to the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and Skoda Octavia. The new Hyundai Elantra 2019 is expected to be launched in India by the middle of next year. As for the Elantra Sport, Hyundai aims it to be a strong player in the entry-level performance-sedan category in the global market, rather than just a family car.