TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Honda showcased the new Civic sedan at the Auto Expo 2018 and the new Civic will be launched in the country in 2019. Now, more details of the new Civic has been revealed. CarandBike reports that the 2019 Honda Civic will be locally assembled in India.
The report states that Honda plans to assemble the new Civic in India using the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) kits at the company's Greater Noida manufacturing facility near Delhi. The new Civic will utilise the same assembly line of the new 2018 Honda CR-V.
A Honda spokesperson stated that the company has upgraded the Greater Noida plant before the launch of the 2018 CR-V to accommodate new models. The spokesperson also said that both the assembly lines at Greater Noida and Tapukara plant are flexible and can produce multiples models.
The report also states that the new Honda Civic will have 68 percent localisation as compared to the 2018 Honda CR-V's 65 percent. The high percentage of localisation will help Honda to price the new Civic aggressively. The new Civic also shares the same drivetrain of the CR-V.
The new Honda Civic might be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The diesel model will draw power from a 1.6-litre Earth Dreams series engine that produces 118bhp and 300Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox.
The petrol version of the 2019 Honda Civic will draw power from a 2-litre unit that is tuned to produce 152bhp and 189Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to CVT gearbox. Honda might also offer a manual gearbox on the petrol variant of the sedan.
Thoughts On The 2019 Honda Civic
Honda is gearing up for the launch of the new Civic in the Indian market and we can expect the new Civic to hit the Indian roads by February 2019. The new Civic will come with a new design language and a host of new features. When launched in India, the 2019 Honda Civic will rival the likes of Toyota Corolla and the Skoda Octavia.