- News Lt Gen Faiz Hameed to be next chief of Pakistan's spy agency ISI
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs Pakistan: Bhuvneshwar goes off injured and replacement Shankar strikes first ball
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Honda showcased the new Civic sedan at the Auto Expo 2018 and the new Civic will be launched in the country in 2019. Now, more details of the new Civic has been revealed. CarandBike reports that the 2019 Honda Civic will be locally assembled in India.
The report states that Honda plans to assemble the new Civic in India using the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) kits at the company's Greater Noida manufacturing facility near Delhi. The new Civic will utilise the same assembly line of the new 2018 Honda CR-V.
A Honda spokesperson stated that the company has upgraded the Greater Noida plant before the launch of the 2018 CR-V to accommodate new models. The spokesperson also said that both the assembly lines at Greater Noida and Tapukara plant are flexible and can produce multiples models.
The report also states that the new Honda Civic will have 68 percent localisation as compared to the 2018 Honda CR-V's 65 percent. The high percentage of localisation will help Honda to price the new Civic aggressively. The new Civic also shares the same drivetrain of the CR-V.
The new Honda Civic might be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The diesel model will draw power from a 1.6-litre Earth Dreams series engine that produces 118bhp and 300Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox.
The petrol version of the 2019 Honda Civic will draw power from a 2-litre unit that is tuned to produce 152bhp and 189Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to CVT gearbox. Honda might also offer a manual gearbox on the petrol variant of the sedan.
Thoughts On The 2019 Honda Civic
Honda is gearing up for the launch of the new Civic in the Indian market and we can expect the new Civic to hit the Indian roads by February 2019. The new Civic will come with a new design language and a host of new features. When launched in India, the 2019 Honda Civic will rival the likes of Toyota Corolla and the Skoda Octavia.